Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new recoil pad or the original butt cap for an H&R topper JR. It is older and has the top side to side top lever. It had a Red Head recoil pad but it has fallen apart. I either need a Red Head Replacement or the original plastic butt cap. I am almost 61 and this was my Pa Pa's home defense gun in his Woodville OK home. so you can imagine it is a few years old. I need one of these parts. Thank you for the help! It s a Model 480 Topper JR.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Any part you would find will take some fitting, a used part may not fit the contour of your stock, they are all ground a bit different when fitted at the factory, a new recoil pad may be your best bet, it will be a bit larger but you'll have plenty of "meat" to allow you to grind it to fit right.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Dixie Gun Works muzzleloading, blackpowder and rare antique gun supplies.

Hellcat, not exactly for a topper, but the style should match close enough to the period you mention. This is very, very close to the same style that is on my model 1929 Eastern Arms 12 ga single shot. I'm thinking it would work just fine. As Eastern Arms was a "hardware store" gun, I think they were made by H&R or possibly Iver Johnson, style and design were very typical of each other then and about as twin like as possible. Good old shotguns that don't stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.