Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you please share (again) the type of scope set-up that you use? I have ordered a CZ 452 American and would like to cut to the chase.
Thanks 8)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine has some Tasco see-thrus, to get the scope high enough to clear the tangent sight. A Bushnell 3-9 does the job for me. My 452 is the Lux.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The American takes American scope bases. Some of the other CZ models have a different dovetail setup which will not work with all American bases.

I have a set of cheap Simmons rings holding a K-10 Weaver on my CZ 452 Varmint. They work perfectly for me and should for you because the Varmint is just the heavy barrel version of the American.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine has BKL#257 mounts for a Simmons 6.5-20X44 Mag scope. Just barely clears the barrel

DG
Leftoverdj said:
The American takes American scope bases. Some of the other CZ models have a different dovetail setup which will not work with all American bases.

I have a set of cheap Simmons rings holding a K-10 Weaver on my CZ 452 Varmint. They work perfectly for me and should for you because the Varmint is just the heavy barrel version of the American.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I'm using a Tasco 6-24x tactical, with Millett rings.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
A scope on a CZ??????????????????? Blastfamy.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
scope on CZ

RIGHT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gunjunkie :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Easy.. just personal preferance but CZ's sites are great and shoot great without scopes... I don't personally like scopes.. And when I get to dig someone for asking about scoping one I do.. I alwasy have.. here and on other boards.... I don't care what anyone does.. there dime...

OK, :lol:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
It was brought to my attention that the American don't have irons.. What a shame.. .Really it is.

Ok,, so now I am stupid :p :p ,, not the first time.. won't be the last..

If you must scope any rifle.. get the best that you can afford.. and to me, I think from what I have seen that the BLK mounts are about the best out there..

I have a CZ 452 special. and just can't scope it.. no need to from my stand point. even if the Squacks at Shawnee stay out of my site range.. LOL..

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Right you are Gunjunkie. My CZ 452 didn't come with irons, and even if it did, it would be tough to realize the potential of the .17 without a scope. (at least for my eyes)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never was a scoped rifle fan either. I can't quite put my finger on it but my eyesight isn't what it used to be :shock: ; thus the scoped CZ. I have also begun to enjoy the use of a scoped rifle along with experimenting with various ammunitions to determine what type is best for what rifle. But as they say, "To each his own."

·
Registered
199 Posts
I can certainly appreciate the "no scope" concept, but to not let the 452 work up to its potential could be considered blasphemy. I don't care how good your eyes are, you are going to have a tough time letting the 452 do what it is capable of at distances that are worthy of this great rifle. As I have said before (not here), I choose not to insult my Lux by shooting at anything under 100 yds.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
magooch said:
I can certainly appreciate the "no scope" concept, but to not let the 452 work up to its potential could be considered blasphemy. I don't care how good your eyes are, you are going to have a tough time letting the 452 do what it is capable of at distances that are worthy of this great rifle. As I have said before (not here), I choose not to insult my Lux by shooting at anything under 100 yds.
Hope mine arrives this week. I am really looking forward to see what it will/can do. Again, thanks to everyone for their input.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I know KyBlue 51.. I am refusing to give in so far.. but I really need to scope a rifle for Squirrels. but I just love the open sites on the CZ.. if I had the extra cash I would get another and set if up .. But I will hold out as long as I can.. :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any info on the best source for BLK mounts? And how about suggestions on a scope, say for shooting out to 100 yards? The CZ was ordered yesterday, should arrive next week; he quoted $299 + tax. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts