Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, found you through a reference on Jesse's Hunting Page or is Jesse's Outdoor Page now.... anywho

I recently got back into shooting and have dusted off the old gun safe. One of my favorite and most accurate iron site guns is the 39-A I got from my dad. I know it was his, and he got it new, what I don't know if he bought it when he was young or older. I was on anther site trying to age another Marlin model and was told it could be done via the serial, thing is I can’t find the serial on this rifle. Anyone know where they stamp the serial numbers on these?

I also have a model 995. It shoots to the right a good 3 inches and I want to adjust the front pin on the site but it appears the pin is stationary inside a protective hood. I have yet to pry the hood off in fear of messing it up so this is my best guess at the configuration. Anyone have any ideas?

One last thing on the 995. i have looked up the schematics on a few sites, and although they are mostly identical, mine has a metal ring on the forestock set into an indented end that I don't see anywhere else. This ring is missing the holding screw and the sling D-ring that goes with it. I am trying to find the factory one before I settle on something else. Any help will be appreciated.

Okay one last last thing and a bit off topic for this board as well. I have two American Arms Mini Max .22’s. One was my dads and has the coolest fold down forestock, I have never seen this on another gun. It appears to be very well made and I know it was his as a kid. The other I ended up inheariting when a buddy moved out of the country and it a much newer, less well constructed piece. I have been surfing around looking for a group or guru on these with out much luck. If anyone has some leads or ideas on where I should look I would be most thankful.

Thanks guys.

Pete

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The serial numbr for the 39-A may be on the tang under the lever loop. Dunno bout the rest- someone will likely chime in......

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
4 Posts
help on marlins

Marlin serial numbers , if available can be traced thru the buffalo bill cody museum in cody wyoming. all older marlin records were sent there. they used to charge $45 for the research. also, before the 1968 gun control act , serial numbers were not required. I have several marlin semi-autos .22s that do not have serial munbers. It may be that they didn't S/N their less-expensive rifles, as I have never seen a Marlin L-A that didnt have a S/N., but then again, i haven't seen them all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts