Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the range, trying some Federal factory 200gr loads, and a few different handloads. I fired one box of the Federals and almost half of them split at the neck or shoulder. I had some handloads up to book max in Hornady, R-P, and converted 6.5x52 brass that were fine. I will try annealing the Federal cases that didn't split, but boy is that frustrating. I mainly bought the ammo for the brass since it is scarce lately. Anybody else had issues with Federal brass in the .35? I have loaded plenty of it in 30-30 and 30-06 without problems. On a happier note, I did score 2 100ct boxes of 200gr Core-Lokt bullets at a gun show last weekend for $6/box:biggrin:.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
On a happier note, I did score 2 100ct boxes of 200gr Core-Lokt bullets at a gun show last weekend for $6/box:biggrin:.
Simple, the Gods are punishing you for too much good luck.

If Federal anything was splitting on the first shot, it would be international news as the internet goes. Try screaming and crying. Lots of split neck brass on the forums of late.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I got some two or three years ago, and fired them all......No problems. I just tried them out in my rifle, and they don't shoot as good as the Remmies, and nowhere near as good as the Leverevolutions out of my 336 XLR.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Try screaming and crying. Lots of split neck brass on the forums of late.
Seriously, pack the split cases off to Federal, and let them know they have a problem, and others do not. They be short on the supplier end, and sourcing substandard materials to keep their product on the shelf.

·
Registered
658 Posts
"Simple, the Gods are punishing you for too much good luck."

That is funny stuff.

Send it back to federal bud. It is their bad. Let them fix it. They'll likely appreciate the heads up and they will no doubt make it right I would think. God Bless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts