Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another good Aussie boar! Just so you all know the pig actually had no ears before our dogs got to it. The dogs had the pig for 2 hours before we could find them in the mountains. All 3 dogs came out a bit sore with mine just about gutted! But a $500.00 vet bill and she is as good as new.

Shot the pig in the shoulder at about 15 yards while the dogs were bailing. As usually with the 45-70 at that range it dropped on the spot.


The photo is not real pretty so please do not look to closely if you don't like graphic photos!

Happy hunting all

Sam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Nice looking pig there Sam, pity about the vet bill though!
Would love to get onto some pigs but they are a bit scarce down this way.
Cheers,
Waldo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waldo said:
Nice looking pig there Sam, pity about the vet bill though!
Would love to get onto some pigs but they are a bit scarce down this way.
Cheers,
Waldo
yeah vet bills ay but that's hunting can't do it without the dogs where I hunt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,284 Posts
At least they weren't hurt too bad and will live to hunt another day. Congrats on a good lookin piggy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,496 Posts
That's one tough boar. For those not in the know, that boar had no ears because he'd got away from dogs, who'd chewed em off, in previous encounters. :eek: :eek:.

Goodonya Sam, bloody good dogs ya got Mate.

Cheers,
Mark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oz said:
That's one tough boar. For those not in the know, that boar had no ears because he'd got away from dogs, who'd chewed em off, in previous encounters. :eek: :eek:.

Goodonya Sam, bloody good dogs ya got Mate.

Cheers,
Mark.
He hits the nail on the head again! You have been around the ridges hey young fella!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,496 Posts
Mate I was pigin with dogs and a knife when you was just an itch in ya Daddy's pants. ;D
Geez I wish wish I was young and fit enough to still do it. :-\

More power to ya Sam.

Mark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,702 Posts
An itch in ya daddys pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oz that's awesome! ;D I just woke up and read that and I have coffee coming out my nose! Do you mind if I use that one! :D That right there is funny I don't care who ya are!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oz said:
Mate I was pigin with dogs and a knife when you was just an itch in ya Daddy's pants. ;D
Geez I wish wish I was young and fit enough to still do it. :-\

More power to ya Sam.

Mark.
come on mate your still in your prime? haha
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
793 Posts
I gotta get in on that pig huntin'. Supposedly there have been sightings in our area of upstste NY. I believe there is a shoot on site policy. Anyone seen any in NY? I know they are in PA. Thats not far from us at all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28,803 Posts
Done chewed his ears off,Knew a guy who fought like that ;) He was hard to handle ;D That eye dont look too good either ;) Two hour fight? them dogs got grit.Bet they was wondering,if yall was ever going to get there ;D
Hold on to em boys,there a coming ;D And OZ, I bet you could still put the hurt on one . You just mite sleep in, a little late,the next day is all ;) Gunrunner
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top