Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another good Aussie boar! Just so you all know the pig actually had no ears before our dogs got to it. The dogs had the pig for 2 hours before we could find them in the mountains. All 3 dogs came out a bit sore with mine just about gutted! But a $500.00 vet bill and she is as good as new.

Shot the pig in the shoulder at about 15 yards while the dogs were bailing. As usually with the 45-70 at that range it dropped on the spot.

The photo is not real pretty so please do not look to closely if you don't like graphic photos!

Happy hunting all

Sam

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nice looking pig there Sam, pity about the vet bill though!
Would love to get onto some pigs but they are a bit scarce down this way.
Cheers,
Waldo

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waldo said:
Nice looking pig there Sam, pity about the vet bill though!
Would love to get onto some pigs but they are a bit scarce down this way.
Cheers,
Waldo
yeah vet bills ay but that's hunting can't do it without the dogs where I hunt.

·
Registered
20,284 Posts
At least they weren't hurt too bad and will live to hunt another day. Congrats on a good lookin piggy!

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
That's one tough boar. For those not in the know, that boar had no ears because he'd got away from dogs, who'd chewed em off, in previous encounters. :eek: :eek:.

Goodonya Sam, bloody good dogs ya got Mate.

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oz said:
That's one tough boar. For those not in the know, that boar had no ears because he'd got away from dogs, who'd chewed em off, in previous encounters. :eek: :eek:.

Goodonya Sam, bloody good dogs ya got Mate.

Cheers,
Mark.
He hits the nail on the head again! You have been around the ridges hey young fella!

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Mate I was pigin with dogs and a knife when you was just an itch in ya Daddy's pants. ;D
Geez I wish wish I was young and fit enough to still do it. :-\

More power to ya Sam.

Mark.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
An itch in ya daddys pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oz that's awesome! ;D I just woke up and read that and I have coffee coming out my nose! Do you mind if I use that one! :D That right there is funny I don't care who ya are!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oz said:
Mate I was pigin with dogs and a knife when you was just an itch in ya Daddy's pants. ;D
Geez I wish wish I was young and fit enough to still do it. :-\

More power to ya Sam.

Mark.
come on mate your still in your prime? haha

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I gotta get in on that pig huntin'. Supposedly there have been sightings in our area of upstste NY. I believe there is a shoot on site policy. Anyone seen any in NY? I know they are in PA. Thats not far from us at all.

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Done chewed his ears off,Knew a guy who fought like that ;) He was hard to handle ;D That eye dont look too good either ;) Two hour fight? them dogs got grit.Bet they was wondering,if yall was ever going to get there ;D
Hold on to em boys,there a coming ;D And OZ, I bet you could still put the hurt on one . You just mite sleep in, a little late,the next day is all ;) Gunrunner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts