Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my mini revolver in today. It appeared very nice. I started cocking the hammer back and then releasing it and easing it down. About every third time if I didn't get it down just right the cylinder would completly lock up making the gun totally useless. Had to remove the pin and reposition the cylinder. Again after the third try the cylinder would lock up. Sooooooo, I have contacted the company for some help. See what happens.... Shucks.... :-\

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problem. Let us know what happens.

I almost bought a derringer from that company many years ago but bought something else instead.

Catherine

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The following is an email I recieved from Ken at NAA. My gun got there yesterday and was repaired and shipped out today. I am shocked at their service! I expected it to be tied up for weeks. And they through in a bonus! Cannot beat that. I have to beat myself up a bit for having bad thoughts about them for awhile. Turns out their pretty good eggs.. :) My apologies. :)

"Mr. Kinney,

We received your NAA Black Widow, and the repair/adjustment has been preformed. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Upon receiving, you’ll notice that an additional cylinder chambered in 22 Long Rifle has been fitted/timed to your gun, in view of the aforementioned inconvenience."

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Now that's a good example of customer service! 8) Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry folks... It arrived today and it's still not right. :-[ Wrote the company and informed them of the troubles. Also contacted the dealer I bought it from and asked if I could get my money back. Probably not but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask... :-\ Double shucks....... (bad thoughts are comming baaaaaack)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These People never cease to suprise me. :) Their gunsmith called me this morning at 07:00 and we had a nice chat. We went over the operation of the firearm and I discovered I was at fault. Now that I have the operation down it seems to be working like a Swiss watch. The problem I was having was trying to get the hammer down into the half notch so it could be carried safely. When he told me how to do it I felt really dumb. :-[ Been handling and shooting guns for decades and somehow I missed a simple step in the instruction book..... :-\ I was really grateful for the call. Kudos to NAA for putting up with this old dummy. ;D

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Glad to hear you got the problems solved and allow me to commend you for having the candidness to admit at least part of the issue was self-induced.

Far too often we see internet posters laying blame on the firearm or the manufacturer when the problem can obviously be traced to the operator. It's good to see there are a few left among us that are man enough to admit when the fault is theirs. This is a good example of the character of the membership that makes Marlin Owners the quality site it has become.

A tip of the hat to you Sir, and please let us know how it shoots once you get the chance.

And even though some here may expect me to do so...I will not comment on the appropriateness of your avatar in this instance. ;) ;D

Roe

·
Premium Member
2,730 Posts
Barenjager said:
Glad to hear you got the problems solved and allow me to commend you for having the candidness to admit at least part of the issue was self-induced.

Far too often we see internet posters laying blame on the firearm or the manufacturer when the problem can obviously be traced to the operator. It's good to see there are a few left among us that are man enough to admit when the fault is theirs. This is a good example of the character of the membership that makes Marlin Owners the quality site it has become.

A tip of the hat to you Sir, and please let us know how it shoots once you get the chance.

And even though some here may expect me to do so...I will not comment on the appropriateness of your avatar in this instance. ;) ;D

Roe
theToad,

I concur with Roe's' comments. It speaks well of a man when he has the intestinal fortitude to admit he is wrong and sets the record straight! Well done! ;) :)

Roe,

As to your last comment, it just might be that theToad has a glass navel. He obviously saw the error of his ways and made amends. ;D ;D
We are just funnin ya Toad! ;) But I would still like to see pics! ::)

CJ

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I'm glad you got to the bottom of the issue. Now ya gotta tell us how it shoots! 8)

Another vote for pics. ;D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have not shot it yet. Here are a couple of pictures. Shown with a Taurus 65. I think the size is about right for someone with a beefy hand. The grip is great. I like the 2" barrel. My brothers will put all shots into a grapefruit size circle at 5 yards. That's pretty good for an onion field gun. :) Sights are nice. Solid little thing. I like it more every time I pick it up. ;D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"And even though some here expect me to do so...I will not comment on the appropriateness of your avatar in this instance. "

Roe

That's not an avatar... It's my self portrait.. ;D ;D ;D The older I get the more I end up in that position.. ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
I bought one of their 22Mag "PUG's" when it first came out...love that little thing, carry it everywhere.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My brother mentioned he liked the looks of the Pug. I just may get another one of these little guns. I have looked at the Pug and feel it would be a little easier to hide. Yep, I'm like'in these things. Have to buy another .357 revolver first and then I can get another one. They fill a nitch no other gun can. I think I'd prefer the .22 magnum over the .22 long rifle but at extreme close range a long rifle is better than nothing at all. Used to drop cows for slaughter with a .22 LR to the head. Put them right down quick. :eek:

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Answer: S&W 351C

NAA issue: NAA's have an accidental discharge rate greater than Glock because many folks don't know
how to rest the hammer in the "safe" slots. If you are having trouble with, I'm "assuming" a 22 magnum then I'm "assuming"
its the ball detent pin model. If so, you need to sell it and buy either the cross bolt model or the new breaktop. If you don't,
you will have problems from now on when shooting high velocity 22mag ammo. The reason is the pin will literally back out a
touch and jam the cylinder.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Those 351SCs are SWEET!!

A buddy's wife has one, and a student has one too.

Jon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts