Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings MO friends. I haven't chimed in on behalf of the RPP crew much lately, but it isn't because I'm asleep - I still don't do that much. No, we've all been heads-down over here, doing our best to get customer orders out as well as new products and services online before the second half of the year swallows us whole.

Some of you have already seen and/or purchased our new parts offerings, thank you! I'll admit it's been awhile since we introduced any new custom services that could match the excitement (and demand) generated by our short stroke 1894 pistol conversions.

This new custom, that I've been slaving over for the past several weeks, was built for my favorite customer - my wife - with input from her. The paint scheme she chose is definitely feminine, but I have to say that it has a seductive quality that even our male customers have been taken with. At any rate, efforts to make leverguns more appealing to ladies - or the ladies in the lives of you men - are long overdue. Hopefully this will be deemed a good first try.

As you look at the photos, you'll immediately notice a few new custom touches, like the jeweled bolt, the inlaid jem setting in the stock, the engraved initials, and the jem blue (you can call it Tiffany, we can't) trim - and of course our RPP "better than peep sights" integrated sights / scope mount. But look a little closer and you'll see the navy blue snakeskin stocks. It's not a paint effect, but a texture, and the look and feel of it is remarkable up close. You'll see more variations on this theme in varying patterns/colors in the near future.

What you can't see under the brushed stainless steel skin is that this former .35 Rem chambered 336 is now a short stroked action chambered in the very popular AR-15 cartridge, 6.5 Grendel. We'll talk more about that cartridge when we have more details, but before you freak out, I'll tell you it's a handload-only chambering in the levergun, for safety and feeding reasons.

For now, feast your eyes, share your comments, and imagine what you - or your wife's - next levergun might look like.

Best regards,
AD

Attachments

· Registered
1,199 Posts
People,

Please get ya one for the Mrs in her favorite colors. It is not barrel heavy which is my daughter's biggest complaint about almost all rifles even her Traditions I line 209 BP rifle. That Traditions rifle is most definately barrel heavy even for me the ol geezer. It's her rifle and she says leave it alone but the plastic stock should be replaced for better balance. I'll leave it alone-- I know when to give in if I want to keep her involved in shooting. The snakeskin texture on the Levermore is pretty realistic in description and the finger groove to me would be good for our female shooters. YOU NEED TO CYCLE THE LEVER ON RPP's Levermore-- no Sorry your wife or significant our needs to cycle the action onthe RPP Levermore!!!

· Administrator
31,663 Posts
Well, I don't know whether to show my wife and daughter your wife's custom rifle or not. It may prove costly to me. :flute:

Adam, you never cease to impress with your latest work. Keep it up. Oh, and I can't wait to hear more about the cartridge. :top:

Jack

1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Ladies! I apparently miss-estimated the number of female MO members, but this is quite a turnout. Ok, just kidding. As I said, even men get seduced by this little gem. I haven't been the least self conscious taking it to the public range for testing. I already can't wait to do the next one in a more cowboy-esque, leathery look.

Your praise means a lot. It's not easy to please a traditionalist crowd with painted lever guns, so it feels good to get accolades from the likes of you guys. Now if you'll kindly get me the email addresses of your wives...

AD

1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is a really cool rifle. Great job.
If you're ever down in the Cypress area stop by the shop some time. Always enjoy meeting MOF folks.

· Registered
11,610 Posts
Pretty slick there Adam... wish you were closer and would like to stop in some day just to look around... :)

1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is a nice looking rifle. Well done. Now that I said that do I need to start using the Womans restroom?
Thanks! and no, by law you have to be wearing women's clothing.

1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is pretty cool. I like the looks of the initials.
Thanks! We offer all these things one off too. So if all you want is engraving, we've got you covered.

· Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Nice lookin rifle ya got there!!....I been a Grendel fan for years..

1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice lookin rifle ya got there!!....I been a Grendel fan for years..
Me too. We have three 6.5 offerings on the R&D docket right now. Two for lever rifles (the Grendel and a Creedmoor based wildcat) and one for AR-15 platforms (Grendel). Development and testing of the levergun calibers is ongoing, but we should have some load/velocity data pretty soon, and we're already talking to JackTW about some purpose built 6.5 bullets. Those could be a little while in the making, as I know he has a full plate right now, but with his help we'll have a couple of great new performers for lever guns.

I almost discarded the idea of chambering a Marlin in the Grendel, since I know most folks want all the power they can get, and the Creedmoor case better fills that bill. But I couldn't let go of the idea that the Grendel could fill a sweet little spot in the lineup. Pressure and peformance in the lever gun will be slightly reduced from full factory, but the package should still make a fine little ranch rifle, with plenty of reach and power to take predators and even deer with good shot placement. Plus, given its mild recoil and shorter length, it's a perfect candidate for short stroke actions that will be easier for smaller and/or more recoil sensitive shooters to handle. What's not to like?

I'll keep y'all posted as we collect load data.

AD

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.