Marlin Firearms Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
ive had Hughes for about 4 yrs now, watching movies and videos it can't keep up, neighbor got fed up and got via sat much faster connection but from what I read in the fine print cost goes up if you exceed data limit.
compared to the internet service I had with frontier phone co. like night and day frontier is so slow forget about pulling up a web page could not even send or receive email.
I may go to via sat once my contract with Hughes is up. My daughter tells me there are several new sat companies coming online. should be interesting.
congrats on you vacation place, looks fantastic

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I spent the last several days at my vacation place, putting the finishing touches on the interior. The wife painted the cabinets and I installed the shelving, curtain rods, a shade in one of the skylights (trialing) and exterior motion detecting lighting.
The heat was rather oppressive the last few days there, so I did not accomplish any fun things, such as fishing.
Now, my next trip will be strictly, fishing, hunting, drinking and sleeping. A true vacation.
Andrew

·
Registered
19,682 Posts
Lookin' good!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If you want a care taker for the place, I am retired and available -- just sayin. Looks like a retirement dream come true place, I am happy for you both. Great job and thanks for posting and updating- I have been following since the beginning and have enjoyed.

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I came to SC last night with my daughter who is majoring in Wildlife biology. We arrived after sunset, unloaded the suburban, ate dinner and sacked out to a quiet night that was filled only with the sounds of crickets.
This morning, I look out the window and see a large doe playing with a red fox. Pretty cool!
Now the bad part. I went to take a walk of the property to gather any trash up and I notice that my Samsung AC/Heater unit on the side of the garage is stolen. Some fool cut the piping and electrical wires and took the unit. It's no good without the interior portion and it may bring $15 for scrap. It will cost me $1500 to replace it!
My contractor and the AC installer will be working together to install the new unit at the roof level. I was actually going to install game cameras on this trip. I am too late.
Andrew

·
Registered
19,682 Posts
Dang! Cain't stand a thief!

Reactions: alawrence

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
That is a shame. I have had my cabin broken in and antique Alladin lamps stolen. It is a horrible feeling....makes you distrust everyone and dislike locals.

Padraig

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
I came to SC last night with my daughter who is majoring in Wildlife biology. We arrived after sunset, unloaded the suburban, ate dinner and sacked out to a quiet night that was filled only with the sounds of crickets.
This morning, I look out the window and see a large doe playing with a red fox. Pretty cool!
Now the bad part. I went to take a walk of the property to gather any trash up and I notice that my Samsung AC/Heater unit on the side of the garage is stolen. Some fool cut the piping and electrical wires and took the unit. It's no good without the interior portion and it may bring $15 for scrap. It will cost me $1500 to replace it!
My contractor and the AC installer will be working together to install the new unit at the roof level. I was actually going to install game cameras on this trip. I am too late.
Andrew

Well done Sir, in every way! On the other, you can't fix stupid. Your idea to install video motion units is spot on. The LEO I know in SC know how to get r'done when given the evidence. Leverage them when you need them. BTW, a dozen Krispy Kreme's goes a long way, just in case you did not know.

Reactions: alawrence
61 - 69 of 69 Posts