Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I didn't see where anyone mentioned looking for a replacement stock. Just get one from a more common .30-30 and swap them.

I do feel the seller should have made a special point to draw attention to that damage...

I saw only one .32 at this weekend gun show. It was rough by comparison, and more expensive.
Stocks are serial numbered. At least the one on that rifle was. Not to mention 3 screws needed to take it apart were either completely frozen or loctited. Rifle was sent back and STILL waiting on my refund.

Reactions: Kevin.M

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I looked back at the previous posts and you sent it back about 11/24/19 and no refund?? Do you have a way of tracking the shipment to determine that it was delivered?

I presume you contacted the seller about this, what was the response? From what you posted on 11/23/19 (Post #30) seller agreed to a refund.

How about contacting GunBroke? I found this on their web site: "Buyer's protection Program-- Fraud Claims https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/224766967

·
Registered
56 Posts
Full disclosure is always appreciated ... I myself had a similar experience with a Security Six about 12yrs ago ... Was not close to the condition that was advertised... The seller sent me a check for $75.00, to help adjust the price to the real condition of the gun..
I still have the Six .. Shoots great .. Its my favorite 357...

Hope ot works out

Reactions: Kevin.M

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
VSala,
There is one other option that the other MO'ers have not mentioned. A friend of mine restores and repairs antique furniture - expensive antique furniture. He turned me on to an old furniture makers trick. Use white vinegar on the area where the wood is damaged. The vinegar softens the fibers and causes the wood to swell without any discoloration. Be patient as it make take a few days. The wood permanently sets to the new dimension as the fibers re-harden when the vinegar dries out.

The only caveat is that the vinegar must be able to soak in. That means stripping any oil or finish without further damaged to the wood.

I have used this little trick to expand the wood where somebody screwed a sling stud into the Marlin eye. The wood was crushed so much that the hole was much larger than the new eye. I filled the hole with white vinegar and waited a few days. The hole swelled up enough that I had trouble getting the new eye back in. I had to sand the area down with fine paper to match the original contour of the stock.

Used it on door trim too where a couch crushed it during a move. Vinegar seems to work through some water based finishes.

Give it a shot!

--- darn, just reread you last post an see that you sent it back. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thought I'd bring everyone a quick update.

The owner had agreed to send a full refund after he received the rifle back. Well he got and supposedly sent a refund. After 10 days nothing so I reached out to him again and said he would send another just tare up one or the other. Yeah right. Still haven't received either refund check. I think I've been more than patient and polite in the whole ordeal. He knows he fudged with the photo to hide it, as I do.
So tonight I sent him a email,no phone chat so I have a record of it, rather forceful but polite. Since this a firearms deal done across state lines, and he's an FFL he's got a lot to lose over all as this is now become theft at the min.
Here is what I sent him.

Terry,
I've still not received the refund. If some how both went to the wrong address, which would be extremely unlikely, and someone posing as me cashed them. They would have had to use a different bank than me as all the tellers that work at my bank know me extremely well. You would have a legit case of fraud which I'd be more than happy to assist you in once I've received payment, in recovering your funds.

I've had to think of how to put this so I guess I'm just going to put simple. If I don't have the refund by 1/13/2020 I will be left with no alternative but to see legal action, and file criminal charges with my county sheriff. This is something that I truly hope to avoid but I think I've been more than patient and have honored my end from start to finish. Being this is a firearm's sale/return I am quite sure my Sheriff will reach out to the ATF plus what ever the county prosecutor will do. Please do not force my hand in this as I'm fully resolved to bring this to a conclusion where I am not out over $600. At this point I will not accept a personal or business check as they can be canceled. I sent you a postal money order for the original payment and that is the only form of payment I will accept.

If payment is received in time I will not leave a feed back, as I do not and will not lie. If payment is not received I will leave a very negative feedback explaining this whole ordeal.

Just in case something is amiss below is exactly how to put my address.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sucks, good luck on getting ATF involved. In most states less than 1000, isn't a felony so most cops here won't work a misdemeanor across state lines.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
This to me is not a case of the different options to fix the rifle. It’s a case of fraud for misrepresentation of the item for sale. Paying the price for a higher condition gun then having to put out more money to get in advertised condition is nuts. The dealer ducking refund shows evidence of hanky panky. The rifle may be scarce but it’s not rare or having any sentimental value to OP.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts