Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Ranch Hand in .44 Magnum last week. While i like the idea of a nice handy little carbine, i wasn't to sure how my shooting ability would be with that cutoff buttstock. I picked up a full size buttstock, inletted where it had to be inletted and refinished the original forestock and finished the buttstock to match.... Now i have a Rossi 1892 Trapper style with a barrel that is 12" overall length that i am pretty happy with. :) I'm in Canada. Perfectly legal up here as the firearm is purchased as a Non Restricted rifle up here. Its legal for me to add a full length buttstock.
Will be shooting the 265 grain Hornady that my Marlin .444 shoots. So far it cycles my dummy rounds like snot on glass. :D

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Nice looking truck gun.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Nice Levergun you got there! I believe I seen your post on levergun.com earlier (your 444's little brother) and everbody was telling you it was a illegal firearm in The US but you let them know it wouldnt in Canada!

Reactions: Pereira and cds4570

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
That looks like one handy little .44 right there.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Now that is sweet!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice work! I would be happy to carry that all day.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
A pity it's not legal here, good lookin SBR! :top:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
me too, I bet my ears wouldn't be to fond of it though.....:ahhhhh:
I know nothing about handgun hunting as we cannot legally do it up here but i can't see how it would be any louder than a .44 Mag in a six gun? Used to shoot an 18.5" Guide Gun in .45-70 with an 18.5" barrel and it didn't bother my ears all that bad. I will have to shoot it and report back.....

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
" I will have to shoot it and report back" Good pun! Agree it should not be any more loud than my snubbies in 44 magnum. Have used the 44 magnum on caribou and moose and it works just fine if you wait for the shot. Truthfully the 357 magnum also works fine on caribou and damages less meat. Very nice set up and worth the extra 200.00 it would cost here.

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
Reminds me a little of the cut down rifle Steve McQueen carried on his side in the old TV series Wanted: Dead or Alive..........if the butt stock was shortened it'd just about look just like it , save not being a Winnie

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
The "Mare's Leg" is/can be legal in US (in some states)...BUT you have to pay a $200.00 "federal firearm fee/tax" on it to be able to *legally* own it in US .

At least that's what I came up with researching.......

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You don't need an SBR for a Mare's Leg as it's considered a pistol.
The only way you would need that is if it had a full stock with the
short barrel.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
good lookin' rig

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.