Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Prayers sent. Please get a second or third opinion if necessary.

My wife was having petit mal seizures. Went to a neuro guy in early december who wanted to operate (to remove a centrally located in the brain tumor with a very low success rate) before christmas... Went and saw a few more doctors (for a total of 5). The last one said leave it alone as long as quality of life is good. That was over 20 yrs. ago. The tumor is still there and growing slowly but all is good. She does take anti-seizure meds.

IMO look for the least invasive way to deal with it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Prayers for you. Fight like hell. Friend who was a big time skoal user for years just came out of it. He seems to be doing fine. Remember, if Biden gets elected you won't need to talk for awhile. Just need the middle finger on each hand. Brother in law lives in Georgia. You guys are crazy. Give em hell.

Well I have sent up a few prayers for some of the good people that populate this forum and now it is my turn to ask you guys for your prayers.

I noticed my voice getting horse at the beginning of this year and I thought it was just the croup or a cold or something and that it would go away in a few days but it persisted for several weeks.Then I started getting a sore throat and an ear ache.Then my adams apple area was tinder to the touch and sometime in February I decided to go to my local doctor but was told he was only doing virtual appointments over the phone.I said how can you do an exam over the phone and the receptionist said the doc would ask me some questions about my problem and then recommend medication.I said there are only three answers to any questions he could ask,I am losing my voice and I have a sore throat and an ear ache.So the doc called in a prescription that was going to cost me $345.I could have saved time and just thrown the money out the window so I decided to pass on that.After 4 months I finally got to the E.N.T. doctor last week.Well to not make a long story any longer I will tell you the punch line.I was diagnosed with throat cancer and they say the best treatment is surgery to remove the entire voice box and the lymph nodes on both sides of my throat.
So please guys lay some prayers on hot and heavy for me because I am going to need all I can get.Thanks guys

Reactions: jackdaniels

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I won't go into the details, but be SURE that any intimate partner gets checked. The same virus that causes most throat cancers is the same one that causes cervical cancer. Even women who have had hysterectomies can get vaginal cuff cancers, so getting checked thoroughly is very important.
So if you have a woman in your life, please be sure she gets a 'Pap' smear ASAP, whether her physician thinks she needs one or not...!
Not all gynecologists are aware of this, which strikes me as odd - family physicians have been doing this for twenty years. Anyway - it is very important.
Thank you for that information. I will let her know.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I had a pet scan and it showed that the cancer was only in the voice box and the lymph nodes in the throat and not in the lungs or any where else, Thank God. I have decided to do chemo and radiation therapy to kill the cancer cells before it spreads. They will have to do a tracheostomy in case of swelling, that could become a permanent fixture depending on the out come. Hopefully I will not have to have the voice box removed.
Thank you guys for the prayers and the good words of support. Your prayers are working because the cancer is just in the throat area for now and that is a blessing.
Thank You Lord Jesus, Amen.

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Jack we are all with you you can beat this crap, there is to much shooting & hunting that has to be done & we expect you to be involved with it...

Reactions: jackdaniels
41 - 48 of 48 Posts