Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have sent up a few prayers for some of the good people that populate this forum and now it is my turn to ask you guys for your prayers.

I noticed my voice getting horse at the beginning of this year and I thought it was just the croup or a cold or something and that it would go away in a few days but it persisted for several weeks.Then I started getting a sore throat and an ear ache.Then my adams apple area was tinder to the touch and sometime in February I decided to go to my local doctor but was told he was only doing virtual appointments over the phone.I said how can you do an exam over the phone and the receptionist said the doc would ask me some questions about my problem and then recommend medication.I said there are only three answers to any questions he could ask,I am losing my voice and I have a sore throat and an ear ache.So the doc called in a prescription that was going to cost me $345.I could have saved time and just thrown the money out the window so I decided to pass on that.After 4 months I finally got to the E.N.T. doctor last week.Well to not make a long story any longer I will tell you the punch line.I was diagnosed with throat cancer and they say the best treatment is surgery to remove the entire voice box and the lymph nodes on both sides of my throat.
So please guys lay some prayers on hot and heavy for me because I am going to need all I can get.Thanks guys

·
Registered
540 Posts
Praying for you brother. My dad had esophageal cancer and I have Barrett’s esophagus...so I feel for you.

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
Prayers comin' your way brother!

Reactions: jackdaniels

·
Super Moderator
25,774 Posts
Prayers sent for a successful surgery and recovery. Keep the faith!

Jack

·
Registered
581 Posts
Definitely going to pray for you, Sir! My heart goes out to you in this time of struggle with this difficult diagnosis. I pray that God gives wisdom tp your physicians and that God can provide you with healing and peace!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Prayers, certainly. Since they are removing your voice box, you won't be able to speak, right? The good thing is we can still chat via MO. Take care and God Bless.
V

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Prayers

1 - 20 of 48 Posts