Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DISCLAIMER: Although guns were held, caressed and fondled no guns purchased this trip........................

Well the BIL and I planned a trip to the Orlando gun show today (Sunday) to browse and see what and who we could see. Ended up meeting for breakfast first....

Then headed to Orlando for the 9:00 am opening. Knew we would get there before it opened but there is always a line... Pulled in the parking lot at 8:30 and nobody around, walked up to the ticket booth and the sign said 10:00 on Sundays. Who knew, we almost always go on Saturday. :hmmmm:

It happens there was a flea market open next door so we wasted an hour there (picked up a new backpack size thermos). Got back to the fair grounds and went to get in line for tickets. Ran across this baby that was for sale ($8,900). A super bug out getaway trailer.

This thing has a 4,500 watt generator, A/C, grill, 35 gallon water tank, shower, two bunks, cot, ham radio, cb radio, 3 months of dehydrated foods for two, all kinds of stuff I can't remember.... Really cool and BTW, it is a faraday cage so EMP proof if sealed up. NICE!

This snapshot is but just a small area of the show, two large buildings.

Some new Remlins. Not impressed with wood to metal fit or the pricing!

An older 35 Remington @ $479. Not a great price for a well-used older model.

I did see a very nice ported 1895G with scout scope setup - sure was purdy but I told myself I didn't really NEED it. All in all had a great time, picked up some powder and some start anywhere matches. great combo, no?

Headed home and decided to stop at Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ.

Guns, other eye candy and food. What else could you want for a Sunday morning excursion?

1895gunner

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Gunner; Didnot go this weekend. Last 2 shows were a bust for me. 99% new stuff, and I only collect antiques..Sorry I missed you, I would like to have said Hello...Some day we meet, I'll tell you a good story about Bubbalou's....Jim

·
Premium Member
13,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gunner; Didnot go this weekend. Last 2 shows were a bust for me. 99% new stuff, and I only collect antiques..Sorry I missed you, I would like to have said Hello...Some day we meet, I'll tell you a good story about Bubbalou's....Jim
Howdy Jim, shame we didn't meet up. We sure had a great time today. Handled a bunch of older Marlins, really didn't care for the new ones. There is something about the checkering on the new ones that I do not like.

Maybe next time...

1895gunner

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Sounds like a great Sunday - or any day - morning. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Reactions: 1895Gunner

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
pics from bubbalous?!?! of the ribs gentlemen!!! jeepers where did your minds go?!?! ;)

sounds like a nice morning anyway!

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Scott it sounds like you had a great time although you didn't buy nothing!!!!MAN I can't believe you passed up that ported 1895G I know how you are about your ported guns!!!Glad you had a good time buddy!!!

·
Premium Member
13,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scott it sounds like you had a great time although you didn't buy nothing!!!!MAN I can't believe you passed up that ported 1895G I know how you are about your ported guns!!!Glad you had a good time buddy!!!
I stopped to look at it, it was a real beauty, scout rail & scope, skinner sights - OMG it was tough not walking out with it. I'm sure it had been used but looked new in box. The bluing was pristine and the ports looked AWESOME.

I was oogling it when I looked up and my BIL just shook his head. I know one thing, I'm gunna have to scout scope at least one of my Guide Guns. Nice, nice, nice..

1895gunner

·
Registered
153 Posts
A great day any day of the week!!! but gotta ask "bubbalou's" is it good eats? dont have one out this way, best we have out this way ive found is Joes real BBQ local spot with BBQ done right! chains are ok in a pinch but I like the local mom and pops if i can find them some of the best ive had was down on Beale St in Memphis...ummm good stuff

·
Premium Member
13,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good eats sums them up if you like BBQ. A chain of two stores.

Post holes is fun if you have a plan. Did you pull a line or eyeballing? How deep? Rocks, clay or sand?

You need to get out and have more fun.:biggrin:

1895gunner

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
1895Gunner.
Iused a straight line and dug about 3 ft holes in rock & clay. Gotta have the bad so you know when you have it good. And good is when I need to shoot, I walk out the back door and have at it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts