Marlin Firearms Forum banner

My spring and summer ruined sort of.

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  mister 270 
#1 ·
I recently got my 336A 35 rem back after 33 year absence posted story previously and if that wasn't enough my wonderful wife of 30 years gave me the go ahead to make a purchase. Picked up new Remington 700ADL in .308 win. Chose the 700ADL because it was right price as I'm on fixed income and it fit budget. I have been away from shooting and hunting for the past 5 years due to health issues. Been blessed with better health recently and I am working my way back. Took both rifles to range today one for reunion celebration and the other for introductions. The 336 was as sweet as ever still shooting 1 to 1.5" at 50 yards and 2-3" at 100yds with original factory irons, I'm lovin it! The 700ADL .308 shooting an inch or better at 100 yards with factory ammo. I find myself wishing the summer away to get in the woods in the fall. Oh well I will use time wisely to make up for lost time with the 336 and build strong relationship with the 700, in other words "I plan to shoot a lot this spring and summer." I'm Having fun!:biggrin:

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I plan on shooting and reloading as much as possible as health continues to improve. I have been a lurker here for a long time as you can see from my join date and post count. Always enjoyed everyone's knowledge and just drooled over all the pics of 336's my favorite rifle. Now that I have mine back I even learned to post pics. My firearms are not safe queens they all will get used in the field but not abused. I have always enjoyed shooting and still remember my first red ryder I got for Christmas in 1972. Mom and Dad always encouraged me to enjoy shooting and the outdoors, spent every available minute plinking through the woods with the daisy. Thanks Mom and Dad. My son has that Red Ryder now and it will soon be my Grandson's as soon as he is ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.