Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone:

I just want to say thank you to Andy for my new Skinner Sight for my 1894 in 44 Magnum.
It is already installed, but haven't shoot with it yet; probably tomorrow. But I can already feel a huge difference: I can aim not wearing my reading glasses!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: 8)
Here, few photos before and after. As you will see I removed the front sight hood but did not change the sight. I'm going to see how the Skinner works with the factory front sight. I'll let you know.
Purists have to forgive me for liking my Marlin better now than before ;D.
Enjoy the pictures.

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Floridamarlin said:
nice rifle, love the car jack vise, classic
Hi Floridamarlin, I'm glad you noticed my benchrest. I´m quite proud of it ::). Although you see a lot of similar rests, this is kind of my own design (of course it is like claiming the design of the wheel ;D). I also bought the materials and directed a very good stainless steel welding shop to built it. The result is the sturdiest, heavy duty and long lasting rest I've ever seen, in person or catalogs. My friends go crazy when I take it to the range. I also modified a mobile bench to fit this rest 8).

Cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks great! No excuses now!

I'll be working on getting my Skinner Tactical Rear and Front sites on this weekend. Pics will be forthcoming.

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truly, no excuses. I just came back from the range. Amazing results!!! :D :D :D
I'm going to start another thread so I can explain better what just happened at the range. 8) 8) 8)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Kawa,

Wow I have the same setup (1894 .44 mag with a blue skinner) and it looks like looking in a mirror. Enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drjjpdc said:
Kawa,

Wow I have the same setup (1894 .44 mag with a blue skinner) and it looks like looking in a mirror. Enjoy it.
Great looks and better shooting :D.

Cheers

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Andre's,

Fun to see the photo of your "bench" !

Love the rest.. Going to be tough hauling that along on your next "pig" excursion! Any hunting photos from Chile would be fun for all of us!

Thanks again Andre's,

Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts