Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gents. Not that anyone is interested anyway.
I just placed an order in Wal-Mart. Not good news.

Apparently the 1894SS has been back ordered since the November of 2005. Holy moly. If it is the case, I do not understand what those people at Marlin are thinking about. Tried calling them, but I guess they are open only till noon on Fridays... Sigh.... :( I hope I get my gun soon!!!

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't believe everything you hear from one associate. I just got mine from Wal-Mart at the begining of May this year. They didn't have it in stock at the warehouse but they still ordered it for me. They told me that normally it takes them 7 to 10 days (working days) to get a gun that is in stock. And it takes 10 to 14 working days to get one (usually) if it is not in stock. Mine took exactly 14 days to get it in. I did call twice during that time just to be sure. It was in my grubby little hands in 16 days from the day I ordered it. Still makes me smile.

Before I shot it, I did this to it: http://www.marauder.homestead.com/files/TUNING_M_1894.htm

It is smooth as silk now. I used a dremel and some good quality polish (like flitz) and took my time. Whole process took about 2 hours (I am slow) but the results were fantastic. I did find a few burs that I GENTLY removed and cleaned out every nook and crany. It works about as well as my buddy's 444 marlin that he has shot thousands of times.

It is worth the trouble. This is an AWESOME lever action.

Robb Feldhege

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Robb,

Thanks a lot, buddy :)

The guy called in front of me to the warehouse and that is what they told him. But I did have similar expiriance with my 1895S. Same thing. They said it would take a couple of months but it was there in less than 3 weeks. Go figure.

Thanks for the article, by the way. I sure will take care of my new baby per the instructions.

Cheers,
Mad :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I ordered my 1894C at Walmart in March and it took 5 weeks. They orginally estimated 10-14 days. It was definitely worth the wait. :D

·
Registered
957 Posts
Walmart gets their guns from SportsSouth who have a website. You can monitor their inventory online.

If Walmart can screw something up, they will. If they can't, they will invent a new way to screw up. I have finally given up, go across the street, and pay an extra 5% not to deal with Walmart. It's money well spent in my opinion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know about you, but the only store in the area that was even CLOSE in price was still about $75 to $100 more for the same gun. For that kind of money, I can wait a few extra days. My walmart (and yours may vary) made it work for me.

Robb

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Feldhege said:
I don't know about you, but the only store in the area that was even CLOSE in price was still about $75 to $100 more for the same gun. For that kind of money, I can wait a few extra days. My walmart (and yours may vary) made it work for me.

Robb
I agree. Walmart gives the best deals that nobody can match. I like the gun, but I would rather wait extra couple of weeks than pay extra 100 buck.

Cheers,
Mad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts