Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the 'Remlin' 336W .30-30 I bought the other day off gunbroker.com from a pawn shop. It's in excellent condition and from what I can tell been fired very little if at all. The construction looks solid, everything in proper place and well fitted. From what I've read of 'Remlins' perhaps I lucked out. Still need to take this rifle out to the range for a good test.

The lighting in the pic isn't the best - reflection from a ceiling light makes the stock look lighter than it really is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Doesn't look too bad, hope it functions properly for you. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has had a positive experience with new Remlins.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just traded a 1992 1895SS with another member on this forum who had recently purchased two brand new Marlins. Because of defects, he ended up sending both of them back for repair, which is just unacceptable in my opinion. He traded with me to get an older gun because he, like most other people on here, feel more confident with the craftsmanship of the older guns. It's nice to hear that some good ones are making their way out though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems that my 'Remlin' may not have come straight out of the factory in such relatively good shape. I found a little return-post card survey in the box asking for feedback on repair work. At first, w/o really looking at it closely, I thought it may have been part of the warranty registration. I'm thinking the original owner of this rifle sent it back for repair/maintenance; but, no idea what that may have been exactly.

I did shoot the Marlin over the weekend and had no problems and was pleased with the accuracy. As mentioned in another post, the look & feel isn't quite as nice as my slightly older 'real' Marlin 336W; but all things considered, I'm quite satisfied with this 'Remlin'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts