Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 64 years old and this danged old cat "Rufus" has a bigger chunk of my heart, not to mention my pocket book now, than any pet I've ever owned. Can't explain why but we just bonded when my youngest daughter brought him with her on one of her "moves back home".
Anyway, we've had him about 6 or 7 years and the last couple the vet at his annual $140 checkup/shots has mentioned that
he needed some dental work to the tune of about $500. No way. Well this year he'd developed a growth about the size of a pencil eraser on his right 'white' ear and the doc seemed to think there was a good chance it was skin cancer. So last Friday Rufus went under the knife, had 5 teeth removed and the rest cleaned and the growth removed from his ear. Needless to say with the cone they make him wear for a couple weeks he's not been a happy camper this week.

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
These pets can turn us into real softies before you know it. They became just as precious as our own kin.

I'm hoping for a quick recovery for Rufus so he can ditch the "Cone of Shame".

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Good luck to Rufus!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.