Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In response to the "What Next?" question I posed in another thread, here is my new Marlin 1894SS .44 Magnum, posing with my Spikehorn 30-30.

It's handy, quick, has a great trigger, and the lever has a short throw.

I've always wanted a 44 magnum carbine.

Should make a great all weather woods gun.

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
And I suppose you need us to tell you what a great gun you have?

Nah.

I bet you already know it! Mine is the apple of my eye, and I love all my guns, but there's something special about that one.

Now if Marlin would just see fit to bring out a stainless 357, I'll be ordering six. Mine, Mama's, and one each for the kids! :D

Enjoy your new blaster........as if you somehow wouldn't. :wink:

PJ

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both of them have nice triggers. They break real clean.

Do all the new models have good trigger pulls?

What sort of ammo do you put through yours?

I have some Buffalo Bore 305 grainers, and a bunch of "white box" ammo.

I would imagine the 305 grainers will kick a bit, but they should be good on larger deer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
ROGER C,
Good luck with your new boomer! I have an 1894S (blued) in 44mag. I really like the SPEER 270gr. JSP; nice deer hammer. I also have an 1895SS(blued) in 45-70 405gr. JSPs do the job there. Big, slow bullets seem to do the trick.
MUZZLEDUSTER

G

·
That is a very handsome gun. Just like the last poster, I have a blued 1894S. I was a little disappointed in the trigger pull as it's not quite as good as my M336 but it's alright I guess. Do the newer levers have a better trigger pull on them? Mine was bought in early '98 so it's probably a '97 model. BM

Bill

PS: Do they still have the 38" twist? Mine has the ballard rifling and a 20" barrel

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure about the twist.

This one has Ballard rifling, and the trigger pull is quite nice. No creep at all. My Spikehorn has a great trigger as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked up a "companion" for my 1894SS, a Virginian Dragoon 44 magnum, 6 inch barrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts