Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Model 1893. 26" Octagon barrel. The furniture isn't in great shape, but hoping to either find some original wood to replace or keep it like it is. It has been a shooter for sure.

Markings:
Marlin Firearms Co, New Haven CT
Pat Oct 11 1887. April 2 1889 August 1 1893
One side says Special Smokeless Steel
Model 1893 is visible on it as well ,although it takes a keen eye.
Top of receiver says Marlin Safety

S/N: 2571xx dates it to 1902. Rifling looks pretty amazing and the bore is in excellent shape. no pitting. I need to get some better pics up this weekend. What condition (obviously just looking at the few pics I have will be tough) but would you all put it at? I was thinking 60%...

Enjoy! I wanted to give it to my grandpa, bc he had one when he was younger...and he would use it on the farm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! A nice 1893, I think your in the ball park with 60% I wouldn't worry about the wood, just clean her up and it go another 100 yrs.
That's what I was thinking, I'd hate to detract from the value and the history in each mark made over the last 110 years. Blood, sweat and tears you know!?

Nice...

We need more pics to feed our addiction...
Incoming! I'm in Seattle this week for work, but I was excited and I wanted to share asap!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice, good patina is history, enjoy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.