Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_1176.JPG IMG_1177.JPG
Just a few pics on my new rifle I've put about 10 rounds through it so far i really love it but i think that i need to find a better stock for it when I've got the cash
cheers Al

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is nice

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the stock is just to light and its a bit flexible when I've got the cash I'm going to drop it into an AI or a manners stock.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Have one and love it! But, I'd be cautious about switching stocks without some good research because I've seen several threads where people ruined the accuracy because of lack of similar bedding with the little plastic extensions inside the stock.

·
Registered
20,513 Posts
Very nice!:tee:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers i did do a google search about the VTR and most people seemed to think that cutting the ears off the stock made for better accuracy or putting it in a glass bedded stock but all the posts i could find seemed to be from around 1 to 1 and a half years ago ill have to do another search.
cheers Alun

·
Registered
341 Posts
We have one here and it is capable of sub MOA accuracy with Rem factory 150 Core-lokt's. Best 5 shot group was around .550 from a solid rest. Not real crazy about the stock either, but it works.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Hey speed thing, in the last two months I took one of those and put it in a Bell and Carlson stock be sure to get the full chassis version. Put a new Timney br trigger in it, bedded the recoil lug and skim bedded the receiver. Shoots a consistent 1/2 moa with hornady 168 bthp over varget.

·
Premium Member
18,035 Posts
I think I'd do a fair bit of shooting to see what it's capable of before I sank several hundred dollars into a different stock. You could always paint it and/or re-bed it if you wanted to keep things on the cheap. Spend your money on good ammo, and let the gun talk!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers guy's i am just going to shoot it for a bit and get used to it I've seen quite a few post on other sites saying that you really need to get 500 or so rounds down to settle it in so thats what ill do. I do have the chance of buying
the glass bedded stock off of the 700 police special for £75 was thinking it might be worth a punt for that cash but ill just get some rounds down it for the time being.
Cheers AL

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You've got to love Remington looks like I've got to send this back theres a recall on the trigger ***.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts