Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Marlin 25MG, excellent condition, two 7 Round magazines, been looking for one of these smooth bore 22mag shotguns? for a while.
I looked through my Marlin product books and they were first listed in the 1999 book, and listed last in the 2002 book.
Nice gun, kind of different, just had to have it. :biggrin: Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Air gun
Rifle Gun Shotgun Wood
Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Trigger
Auto part Pipe Metal

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
:congrats:NICEEEEEEE!! Shoot & enjoy!!:tee:

Reactions: farmboy

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Cool! Never seen one.

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
Most parts they call them a "Garden Gun" for dispatching things that eat your food.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Swany, Marlin called it the garden gun also, said you could shoot varmints without making a lot of noise, and would not bother the neighbors. Haven`t shot it yet, but i will this week, don`t think i will shoot it too much though, CCI is the only company that makes the 22 mag shot shell that i know of. There are some other shot shells out there, but they are not magnum.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Good guns. I had one and got rid of it. I just can't do a magazine out the bottom of the stock like that. Trigger was a bit tough to. But, it shot great and was a great little gun if you could get over the magazine hanging out. God Bless

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Very nice! :congrats:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Mountaineer, it`s not so much that i`m going to shoot the 25MG often, it`s the fact that they are kind of rare, didn`t sell to good so Marlin stopped making them. Not crazy about the box magazine either, BUT it is a different kind of Marlin, and i just had to have it.
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Congrats!:tee:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Nice rifle, anyone ever try a .22 LR solid round in a smooth bore, sort of like a slug gun for short range shootin'.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Nice shot gun rifle.Are those sling studs original or were they added later?Kind of an unusual placement.So what are you planing on using the gun for?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The sling studs are not original, according to my books there were no sling studs on the 25MG when issued from Marlin. The studs were there when i purchased the gun along with a very nice sling, and yes the placement is very weird, i guess it was good for the previous owner. Don`t know if i`m going to leave them or take them out, but i am not going to use the sling.
The 25MG is great for clearing the birds and pigeons out of the barn, does not shoot holes in the roof if you miss, and is very accurate up to 20-25 ft. The old bank barn seems to attract birds during the winter months when there is not much activity, but it keeps my shooting skills active.
Thanks jackdaniels :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I don't know about a smoth bore .22 caliber? I shoot .22lr rat shot in my 39 Century limited and they work pretty dang good for taking out small vermin and such close up and it also doubles as a great squirrel gitter when loaded with lead bullits.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have shot 22lr rat shot also in a couple of my 22lr only Marlins, like you said, works well close up. The 25MG was one of those Marlins that caught my eye, being different i guess, was one of those "look what followed me home" type. But no need to kid anybody really, it was a Marlin that i didn`t have. :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Can we see down the barrel from the muzzle end? I used to have hours of fun with an old Mossberg single shot in .22lr....had about 8 inches of .22 smoothbore that opened immediately to bout 14 inches of .410 smoothbore. Death to carpenter bees!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi RB Rider, i tried to get a good picture down the barrel, but could not get a decent one, maybe the bore is too small, or i am not doing it right.
Never heard of the Mossberg you spoke of, that was different.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.