Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always figured I would get one someday, but today it happened. Deal was too good to pass up. Gave $500 cash today for this:

Rifle is like new, well cared for and low round count. The stock is a standard stock with Duplicolor Truck Bed Coating applied. That's why it's black. I can take it or leave it, I like the look of a wood stock better but this is pretty sharp. It was done right and is even throughout, hands grip it well, and protects from weather and scratching. Has a good feel to it and still looks nice (In my opinion anyway, I know there are a lot of levergun lovers who are shuddering at the scoped guide gun with a synthetic-looking stock ;D).

Came equipped with:

*Wild West Guns Big loop lever. Stock lever included as well.
*Weaver Classic V 1-3x20 scope with Butler Creek caps.
*DNZ Products Game Reaper 1 piece scope mount
*3 Boxes of Hornady Ammo
*Boyt canvas case

Online prices tell me this is a $1000+ rig before tax. Back to the $500, I did a little buy-low-sell-for-market-price dealing this week and when I'm done I'll have about $300-$350 into this rifle! Despite what you think of the Duplicolor, that's a bargain. I absolutely cannot wait to knock an elk down with this thing. Hope I draw a tag:cool:

·
Registered
20,674 Posts
Very nice and congrats on a sweet deal!

·
Registered
593 Posts
That is pretty nice looking. Good deal.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Grats! Thats a unique looking gun you got there. And I like unique things! ;D

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
Good work, it's always great to get something like the G at the best price. Good luck with it mate.

·
Premium Member
11,546 Posts
Good Looking rifle to my eye.................I did a stock that way, some years a go.......A friend in VT now owns that rifle, and loves it!................Enjoy it!.........its unique.......

tom

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Congrats on that nice gun and a sweet deal. I hope the scope doesn't hit you in the forehead.

Pete

Team .45-70 Member #232

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
good looking rifle...but you may want to change out/reverse that base/rings, looks to be mighty close to the ol nogg'n ;)

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Welcome to MO.... you stole that rig for $500. Congrats.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hope the scope doesn't hit you in the forehead.
That makes two of us! Yeah it's a DNZ, installed backwards. I'll turn it around before i shoot it. Guy said he hasn't sighted in the scope yet, so I'm not even loosing the sight in by moving it. I think it's far enough away but I'm not taking any chances!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts