Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Marlin 1894c for 475.00. Beautiful! Wood is in perfect condition. Came with Lyman sight. 1980 model, JM stamped.
image.jpg

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You got a great deal! :congrats:

I'd love to be able to find one for that price!

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Sage, you are one lucky feller! That's a great gun at an outrageously low price, and a receiver sight
ta boot.:congrats: :beerglass::beerglass::beerglass:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very nice rifle and even sweeter price congratulations

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cowboycopus you have an amazing eye! I suspect it is not. I need to do a little research but it seems to be a rubberized buttplate without a Marlin logo.

·
Registered
50 Posts
you will love that rifle..and what a great price..I just picked up a DOM 2000 jm stamped 1894c for $610 and thought I was getting a great deal...it is fun to shoot..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Folsom. You are correct. There is no marlin dot. I don't know enough about the production of early 1894c to know why.

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Marlin made some 1894C rifles for Big 5 (and some others) that used birch instead of walnut stock! Having said that, it could also be that the bullseye was drilled out to put in the sling swivel! I don't know for sure about either of those suppositions, but I DO KNOW that you got a great rifle at a GREEEAAAT price:biggrin: Enjoy! John

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congratulations on the sweet find! Looking at the grain if the wood with my old eyes it looks like it might be birch. What ever it is you got it for a steal.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Great deal! There is a shop about 10 miles from me that has one for that exact price but it looks like someone absolutely pounded it. Yours looks great

·
Registered
969 Posts
Marlin made some 1894C rifles for Big 5 (and some others) that used birch instead of walnut stock! Having said that, it could also be that the bullseye was drilled out to put in the sling swivel! I don't know for sure about either of those suppositions, but I DO KNOW that you got a great rifle at a GREEEAAAT price:biggrin: Enjoy! John
I agree about the birch. The rear sling swivel is where the bullseye should be. If there once was a bullseye, that hole is awfully large for a sling swivel. And if you were going to the trouble of installing a rear sling swivel, where is the front swivel? Just some thoughts and observations.....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I truly thank everyone for their input. This is why this is the best forum on the net

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
papajohnabi Hit the Nail Right on the Head.... Birch Stock Model = No Bullseye.
Odd Buttplate Maybe for Same Reason. Excellent Condition & Great Price!
You Done Good My Friend,
UncleSarge58

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
congrats, nice lookin' rifle and like that receiver site

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Wow what a great deal on a fine rifle.Now go out and buy yourself a loto ticket.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice find at a great price. Have fun shootin!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts