Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to roll the dice and order a new SBL last month.....well, it came in last week so I finally made it to the shop to check it out before plunking the balance down on it and adding it to the stable. I expected a few buggered screws and a gap or two in the fit of the stock/receiver, I could fix that and was prepared. Long story short, I was shocked, even after all the reports here, at how terrible the workmanship was on the gun. almost every screw was messed up, looked like they used too small of screwdrivers. Stock to receiver/tang fit was horrible, not only with a gap, but raised approx 1/16" on one side. Barrel and sight were indexed and inspected by a blind guy as it was obvious with a naked eye that the front sight was pointing left. As much as I wanted an SBL, I had to refuse the gun, just couldn't see joining the remlin return crew. Lucky for me I located and put a deposit down on a like new 1998 1895G last week (hoped at that time to have two Guide Guns). That one is in 10 day cali jail and once released will be sent to GG and become a brush hawg. Maybe in a couple of years if Remington gets their act together with these guns I will reconsider an SBL.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Welcome to MO. Glad you didn't get burned.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mudman! CD

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sorry about scaring you about the current production of Levers coming out of Ilion,NY, but people need to know what they are getting themselves into.
It's a FAR cry from what we once produced in North Haven,CT.
Welcome aboard czechdogg.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
You are one of the lucky ones in that you inspected the rifle before taking possession of a poorly manufactured rifle by a company with no concept of quality control at the factory. You were wise enough to know what to look for in inspecting the rifle. What I hate to see is so many people posting here about getting their first Marlin and getting a piece of junk because they didn’t know about the problems with Remlines and what to look for. :mad: It burns me up just thinking about how they are doing the customers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all you folks I was informed, Thanks again to all of you for posting up what to look for. I was just surprised that the gun had just about every flaw on it. I'll post up some pic's of the 1895G when I pick it up and then again after it gets the business from Grizzly Guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts