Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after some months and a bit of shooting I can say that I couldn't be happier with my new GGBL. from the starts the gun looked great and the fit and finish seemed flawless. there was a little issue with the gun locking up a couple of times while cycling it very slowly but after a little cleaning up some machining marks on the locking block and some shooting there has been no issues. I had also stored it cocked for a while so the hammer spring would take its normal set. that not only helps smooth out the trigger but also the cycling. I thought I would post this for those concidering a new Marlin. I had an older GG years ago and the quality of my new one is right on par with my old one. actually I like this one much better with the Big Loop lever, laminated stock with the pistol grip instead of the straight stock, and the extended mag tube. just check the gun out real good before you buy to make sure everything is right. although I would not buy one online without handling it I wouldn't buy any gun online.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I've been thinking about rolling the dice for a 35 rem but I probably won't. There's just too many really bad guns out there still.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I've been thinking about rolling the dice for a 35 rem but I probably won't. There's just too many really bad guns out there still.
There are plenty nice old 35's out there if you look... dont give up on the 35 Rem... Its a great cartridge!!

Doc

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
There are plenty nice old 35's out there if you look... dont give up on the 35 Rem... Its a great cartridge!!

Doc

Doc is right the .35 Rem is a great ctg.....
And you can shoot 158gr .357 bullets for practice!!!:flute:

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Yep there are still 35 REM JM Stamped Marlins around. And it IS a great caliber! Just a little more stopping power than a 30-30 without emptying the wallet. And as posted above, there are still a number a "bad" Remlins in LGS. I haven't been looking for any recently, at least not in gun shops, but the last time I saw some the quality was still not up to snuff. Anyway, there are still JM Stamped rifles around, then I know what I'm getting.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Reactions: duxnbucks

·
Registered
83 Posts
+1 on the new GBL's. I was pleased with the new rifle I received.

I'm hankering to crowd my safe a little more with a .35 Remington.

-Will-

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
tracker1
Have you gotten your GGBL to the range yet. I'd sure like a range report & what ammo are you going to use??
I am really happy for you that your new rifle is all you wanted. I'm also happy as I'm hearing more & more that Remington is getting it right now.
I hope the bad guns are done with & the new ones are good.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I was able to rescue a late 30's Remington Gamemaster in .35 Rem. from a local pawn two years ago. I'm still looking for the JM Marlin version. I missed one at a gunshot in two KY two months ago. Bought a nice JM 1895 instead. Just could not swing them both. Although I'm glad there are more positive reports about the new guns, I'm a committed holdout.

Reactions: miket156

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Congrats,
that’s a fine lookin’ rifle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts