Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had asked some questions about my newly acquired model 39 and finally got around to taking a few pictures for you guys. She's seen better days and I'm still unsure if I'll go with a complete restoration, or go another route but I'll figure that out later. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
As long as the mechanism work and it shoots good. The rest is a piece of cake. If it were mine I would restore it some. Reblue it and rework the wood. She will look pretty once you get it done.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thanks for sharing. That's a good looking rifle. I'd be tempted to leave it as is. There is a lot to liked about the "been there, done that" look.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
that rifle has character and experience
looks good

Reactions: bbri4570

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If she shoots well, I'd leave her as is.

That "been there, done that" look has some class to it.

B

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Currently we have a fail to feed issue and I'm hoping that a little shimming to the lever will take care of the issue. Other than that the gun has an awesome feel. Thanks for all the compliments.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks good as is, I vote for leave it, maybe repair the cracks in the stock. What is the inlay in the stock behind the receiver?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'd get her running and leave her just the way she is. Good looking rifle in my book!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The gold you see in the stock is a small bolt holding the buttstock together, pretty good crack running through.

Reactions: Michaels
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.