Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I posted before that I was unhappy with my Henry Big Boy. I'm back to say my attitude towards Henry Repeating Arms has changed.

After 3 days owning my rifle I had a little issue operating it. It became very hard to operate. I contacted Henry and it was suggested I send it to them. I chose to take it to my local gunsmith and he fixed it in about 20 minutes, no charge. At that point I was ready to get rid of it. A few days later I took it to the range. I was impressed with the way it handled and the accuracy of this rifle. It's a good looking rifle, it attracted attention. At that point somebody pointed out the buttstock was not on straight. I contacted Henry Customer Service. I was honest and said the stock was secure but didn't fit well. I was told cosmetics were not covered under the warranty. I thought about this for a few days. I like the rifle, didn't want to get rid of it anymore so I decided to contact the President of Henry. Told him the story and included photos so he could see what I was talking about. To my surprise he replied within 15 minutes, basically saying yes, it is covered by the warranty and saying a rep. would contact me. He didn't seem happy about the response I received. The very next day I received an email asking for my name and address. They were sending me a new stock set. I got it and it fits perfectly! Now my Henry looks as good as it shoots.

That's what you call outstanding service.:rock: Now, which Henry do I buy next? I really like the Single Shot.....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thank you for sharing this great customer service story. I am a moderator in another gun forum where the gun maker's C.S. is somewhat less than stellar. Reading about Henry's attitude is a breath of fresh air. Ruger is another manufacturer with a great reputation. Do you, perchance, have any before & after photos of your firearm?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey GuitarGuy I’m glad you got your Henry sorted out. Do you have photos of the old stock on your rifle? The stock on mine did not have a good fit either Henry sent me a new one but there is not much difference. I just left it as is and didn’t bother to deal with it anymore E8AA62C1-854A-4045-9318-F498EC6465A0.jpeg

·
Registered
93 Posts
A few years back my grandson had a new Henry .22 that would not shoot straight. Contacted Henry, sent it back, and they sent him a new rifle, no questions asked.

·
Registered
159 Posts
How about a non-story story. I recently purchased a Henry 30-30 with the color case hardened receiver, and it is great out of the box! I have put 20 factory rounds through it, and another 45 hand loads through it and it functions great. Not one FTF, FTE or any other failures. As an owner of two Marlins (an 1894C and 1895), I am super pleased with the purchase and am warming up to the tube fed magazine too.

I wanted to give them a try because of the positive comments on the actual rifles, and also because of the wonderful customer service I've read about. Haven't needed customer service, the rifle's perfect. No regrets! Glad you like yours!

p.s. now, do I really need a case hardened Big Boy in .357 or .44.....hmm....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for sharing this great customer service story. I am a moderator in another gun forum where the gun maker's C.S. is somewhat less than stellar. Reading about Henry's attitude is a breath of fresh air. Ruger is another manufacturer with a great reputation. Do you, perchance, have any before & after photos of your firearm?
DSC_3075b.jpg DSC_3074b.jpg DSC_3079b.jpg DSC_3121c.jpg DSC_3119a.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about a non-story story. I recently purchased a Henry 30-30 with the color case hardened receiver, and it is great out of the box! I have put 20 factory rounds through it, and another 45 hand loads through it and it functions great. Not one FTF, FTE or any other failures. As an owner of two Marlins (an 1894C and 1895), I am super pleased with the purchase and am warming up to the tube fed magazine too.

I wanted to give them a try because of the positive comments on the actual rifles, and also because of the wonderful customer service I've read about. No regrets! Glad you like yours!

p.s. now, do I really need a case hardened Big Boy in .357 or .44.....
The only cartridge it won't load, so far, is a .38 Special HBWC. The HBWC loaded into a .357 Mag case feeds fine. 125 and 158 feed fine in .38 or .357Mag. Accuracy, hand held at 25 yards is about 1-1/2". Couldn't use a rest indoors or shoot over 25 yards indoors. Too cold outside.

Put the scope on last night. I'll see if that can help me over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Henry is the class act of all gun mass producers.........personal touch.....no questions....very good product....they get my vote.

·
Registered
265 Posts
GuitarGuy thanks for the pics. The new stock looks perfect. I don’t have pictures of the top tang but it looks similar to what yours used to look like. Maybe I’ll contact Henry again and ask if they could send another one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GuitarGuy thanks for the pics. The new stock looks perfect. I don’t have pictures of the top tang but it looks similar to what yours used to look like. Maybe I’ll contact Henry again and ask if they could send another one.
You should. One suggestion though, don't use the "contact us" page on the website. Use the email address they provide and regular email. Attach closeup photos. Just guessing but I think the girl blew me off the first time because she didn't really understand my complaint. With photos they can SEE there is a problem, what the problem is and you're not just a whiner that complains about everything. Good luck and happy shooting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts