Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "New" Golden 39

Finally got around to taking a photo of the 1960 Marlin 39a Golden that I traded for at a recent gun show and so had to share. Was cleaned up really nicely with a refinished stock and barrel, slick action, shiny gold trigger, and spotless bore. The previous owner also put a Marlin Micro-Vue 4x scope on it. It was love at first sight. Some may balk at the lighter wood stock that resulted from the refinish, but I honestly love it. I traded an old Mauser 43 my Dad had that I couldn't use anyway.

Weird thing is since the purchase I've found an original owner's manual for the MicroVue scope, a sighting guide for a 336/39a, and a curved hammer extender in a box of stuff that my Dad had laying around. As far as I know my Dad didn't own a 39 or 336 as they weren't part of the collection I inherited, but I'll certainly be double checking up at the old homestead! Might be a treasure to be found up there. The items I've already fround for my 39 have certainly further added to my owners bliss.

Regardless, I can't wait to get my own 39 out on the range. Until then, I take it out every day and look at it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Re: My "New" Golden 39

"Until then, I take it out every day and look at it."

You are not alone there bro'!

nice rifle, don't let SWMBO see you every day looking at it.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts

That gun is a beuaty.I know you will enjoy it out on the range. Be sure to post a range report. JD

·
Registered
25,048 Posts

Real nice that scope is awesome find too for them

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts

You got the better end of that trade for sure. Nice.

·
Banned
20,300 Posts

Looks like she's in great shape, Congrats!

·
Registered
57 Posts

That, sir, is a beautiful rifle! I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks Gents! Will certainly post a range report too. Though it sounds like I need to hit up Wind for some lessons on long range shooting as well based on his other recent post.! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts