Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new Dakota Hunter in a few days ago and mounted my Marlin XS7 7mm-08 (stainless) in it.

It fit perfectly and, in my opinion, looks awesome.

The barrel is free-floated perfectly with no modification necessary.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi.
You set stocks Dakota on the rifle without revisions and problems?
100% readiness.

PhilR said:
Got my new Dakota Hunter in a few days ago and mounted my Marlin XS7 7mm-08 (stainless) in it.

It fit perfectly and, in my opinion, looks awesome.

The barrel is free-floated perfectly with no modification necessary.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That looks awesome! My Boyd thumbhole arrives tomorrow and I don't have the gun yet! I can't wait to marry them together.

How do you like the 7mm-08? I have one in a browning x bolt and love the caliber!

Brett

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't shot this one yet. I also just got a Remington 700 CDL 7mm-08. As soon as I get a couple of good days without 40 mph winds or freezing, I'll go shoot them both and see how they shake out. I've got several types of ammo to try and see what each one likes best.

I can't imagine that I won't like 7mm-08. I deer hunt in Kansas so that will be a good test this coming deer season.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
That looks sweet...and have I ever mentioned how I love the Marlin's bolt shroud, especially when compared to other rifles? It reminds me of Sakos and Steyrs--I love having a $300 rifle that with a new stock can pass as a $1500+ one. ;D

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
They must be selling a boatload of these. Mine is getting glass bedded, lop adjusted and Limbsaver inatalled tomorrow if'n things work out. These stocks are a bargain if you ask me. Mine is the Classic in Nutmeg and with the Boyds sock, it might just be the purtiest rifle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
200 Posts
This setup makes me want a stainless finish with this stock. Truely a beautiful rifle. How are these stocks holding up durability wise? I mean, do you hesistate hauling off through a thick woods thinking about scratching your stock?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts