Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought myself a new Blaser rifle today:

Somewhere over the rainbow...............

I had just enough time to take pictures of the rifle in the last sunshine of the day after i assembled it

The stock is Grade 4 Walnut

The scope is a zeiss with illuminated German #4 reticle

And the caliber is 6,5X55 Swedish...

Tomorrow morning i will go to the range to test it out...

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Very nice. I've been playing with my 6.5x55 more lately. I have a weakness for just about any 6.5 but the swede catches my eye quicker.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is a beautiful rifle!!!!

Reactions: Dansken

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Very nice. I've never seen a Blaser in the flesh. Don't know if they ever took off in Oz. seems to be a few on usedguns lately. They aren't cheap though. Quality costs. Enjoy.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Congratulations on your new Blaser R8! I've owned an R93 since 1998 and am a Blaser, as well as a Marlin, firearm enthusiast. I'm betting you will find your rifle to be astonishingly accurate. Enjoy!

·
Registered
20,502 Posts
Beautiful lookin' rifle!:tee:

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
That sure is a nice addition to the family...Cindy's not jealous is she?:biggrin:
Can't wait to see the targets!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Nice rifle. Is the action a straight pull? Never really paid too much attention to them as they are more than I am willing to pay.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Incredible combination of rifle and glass, congratulations!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all for kind words...
It sure is chanterelles on the table- and the ones with the thick foot are called "Karl Johan" here in Sweden. Don't ask me why- probably after a King back in time

Here is from last time we went out looking:

Today i went to the range with my new rifle

Ain't she sweet?

There was a gusty wind blowing over the trees at the range- at times from the right and at other times from the left, so the shooting didn't go very well

However- the rifle operates very smooth, feeds perfectly from the mag, and the trigger is very crisp and perfect. I have a feeling this will be my favorite rifle

After a ride on my Bonneville to visit an old friend it's good to come back home

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Beautiful rifle in a great caliber! :congrats:

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Few things in life are more fun that getting a high quality rifle to fondle, play with, and shoot. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Saw in the papers that the rifle was testad with Norma 156 grain Oryx bullets before leaving the factory.
So i made a load with Norma's URP powder and went to the range.
First shot was a little low, so i turned up 2 clicks on the Zeiss scope and shot 6 more
Distance 100 meters

That'll do for Jazz- as Alvin Lee said at Woodstock

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice rifle, how is the law in Sweden ? Can you just go out an shoot some rounds in the woods or are you on a official shooting range in that pictures?

We call those big mushrooms "Steinpilze" here in Germany.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts