Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an interested in getting a Colt Single Action Army for some time and it recently turned into a full-blown addiction. Meet the Colt family:

Grandma has been around since 1906

·
Registered
507 Posts
Very nice. They are really great guns, aren't they. You have an excellent collection. I have only four with two from 1904 and 1911. Two more are second and third generation Colts. The older ones are shooters and I do that often. Keep us posted as you acquire more.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 1st gen Bisley is an occasional shooter in 38-40, and I really love the Bisley model. I think that they're better shooters and I love the appearance. I'll be looking to trade a few of the other 5. They are all 3rd gen, NIB w/ original boxes from the early '80s that I picked up in a group from a gentleman in his mid-80s who was liquidating his collection. It was a reasonably good deal and I thought I could trade the ones I don't want for SAA's that I do want that I will shoot, so I'll have a bit more variety.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Very nice collection of Colts.

Reactions: jertex

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
i like the bisley, what caliber is it,,,,,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
9,297 Posts
Nice---I've always been a fan of the Colt SAA. Even the newer New Frontier SA pistols were very nice with case hardened frames.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was unfamiliar with the 38-40, but the more I looked into it, the more I liked the idea of having a Bisley that shoots that cartridge. The only challenge is that I've read that it can be a bear to reload for just one gun, and if you're trying to reload for a matching rifle, good luck, because they say that the rifle chambers for that round tended to be pretty inconsistent as far as headspace, etc. I haven't decided if I'm going to shoot it enough to justify reloading for it. I don't really want to shoot a 1st gen gun all that much.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Nice looking collection there.(y)

·
Administrator
27,727 Posts
Nice family of SAA's you have there. I agree, they're definitely addictive.

Jack

Reactions: Ret_Eng and jertex

·
Super Moderator
24,763 Posts
Never owned a real Colt SAA but love my Ruger/Uberti clones. Can't go wrong with the original six gun (really a five gun).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts