Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got this today. here is some cell phone photos. it is an 1893 made in 1901 in 38-55 caliber. it has a 26in. tapered octagonal barrel. it is as tight as new. the bore is pristine. i cast about 8 boolits for it and loaded it up with 10gr. of unique and shot it at 50yds and it was hitting about 6in high. i need a little taller front sight, if anybody has one laying around let me know. i will try it out tomorrow when i have more time. but this is a nice one. the man i got it from said he had it 35 years and never fired it. he also is going to send me some photos of an 1895 marlin in 40-82! he will be selling. he said it was as good as this one. glad i have a wonderful understanding wife 馃榿

Registered
Wow, nice rifle! Hope you are able to acquire the second one as well. What a beauty.

Super Moderator
That鈥檚 a beauty for sure.

Reactions: OLSKOOL

Super Moderator
I will never be that lucky to fine a nice Marlin like that here!
Thanks for the pictures!

ca'jun56

Reactions: OLSKOOL

Registered
Very nice rifle! You have to just love the patina of these vintage rifles. Congratulations and good luck and getting the next one.

Reactions: OLSKOOL and art6555

Registered
Nice find sir! If he comes up with a similar condition 1895 in 40-82, even .more extraordinary!
You'll be a candidate for the rarest Marlin lever action. I love my 1895TD in 33CF.

Premium Member
Wowser!

That is one SWELL looking Rifle!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the funny thing is i am not a long barrel person. but i do tolerate then on my flintlocks. but this gun looks and feels perfect with that barrel length. with the tapered barrel it balances perfect with your hand under the front of the receiver it will balance and is not nose heavy at all. and as far as filing the rear sight to make it shoot lower, i don't think i will do that. i will look around till i find the correct height front sight. and i will play with the load some. the only mold i have is a lyman 255 gr. i might get an accurate mold. anyway Lord willing it will be in the woods with me this year for sure.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts