Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up a marlin 336DT in 35 rem for 650 with ammo. I don't know if I paid to much but the rifle is in excellent shape and was a local sale. 2 hour road trip which my girlfriend and me enjoy anyway. I had picked up another rifle about 3 weeks ago and it to was a road trip and everyone I meet face to face are really good people. I really think I enjoy talking and meeting with other marlin owners just as much as buying the rifles. Good people. Better than the gun shop owners. Hell, the other day I stopped in a gun shop by my job and there was nobody in there but I felt like I was wasting their time. One guy was OK but the other well seemed uptight. I ended up buying some targets and some ammo from them anyway. I am not a hater nor do I hold a grudge and a lot of times I take things the wrong way. So I noticed after I bought some stuff that they became more friendly. Anyway, I was just hoping I didn't pay to much for my new rifle? I am happy with the rifle and the price but just figured I would ask you guys, I am really not sure what these rifles go for.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
A quick look on the internet suggests that the 336 Deluxe Texan was manufactured from 1962 - 1963 and that a 1964 Shooters Bible listed them for $96.95. An inflation calculator shows that to be equivalent to $731.20 in 2014 dollars. But, it really only matters that you're happy with the rifle and what you paid for it. Someone always seems to find one for $250.

·
Registered
919 Posts
you will never loose money on a fine rifle like that and best of all it's a 35rem deer sledgehammer widow.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Beautiful rifle, congratulations!

Reactions: clyde823

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I sure don't think you paid too much for the rifle. It is a hard find, add the ammo and that great looking wood on the stock and forearm you are right in the ball park. Thanks for sharing with us. Very nice Rifle.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Congrats, nice looking rifle. Gotta' love those .35 rems... :biggrin:

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
I think you did real good! :congrats:

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
That there is a gem!, just try to find another if you have any doubt.
You certainly did not over pay for that rifle.In fact ,I may have sprained my wrist trying to get my wallet outta my pocket.
I have seen a couple of the on the North side of $1000 in great shape.You have found my most sought after Marlin....congrats.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for your feedback. Like I said I wasn't sure what it is worth but I love the rifle so even if I paid to much for it, it wouldn't have been the first time I paid more than what I rifle is worth when I wanted it. But it is nice to know I did alright for myself for once on a nice rifle. Here are some more picks of the rifle.
Thanks again guys

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is beautiful congrats on picking it up!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
Im still drooling!

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Very nice, great find! Congrats to ya! DP

1 - 20 of 30 Posts