Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone here are some pictures of my 1894 in 25-20 it is a 1905 and must have been special order. The wood is very high quality and it has a 28" barrel.
When i first saw this rifle i thought it had been re-finished because the case colours are 100% and the wood etc is as new. I have owned many vintage marlins over the years here in the UK and have never seen one like this. On close inspection i believe it to be original condition as there are no signs of the barrel markings and finish ever having been stripped and re done. Also i have never seen anyone able to replicate the case hardening to match Marlins colours.
Also every component inside is as new and the chamber and bore are immaculate . I would imagine because of the long barrel and fancy wood it must have been ordered as a show piece and never shot. The only down side is someone in the past has put sweaty hand on the barrel and then put it away and this has caused some pitting. Other than that it is as it left the factory . It shoots very well too. I use 3grns of unique with 86grn hard cast lead for target and 4grns of unique with 86 grn jacketed soft pionts.
DSCF3997.JPG DSCF3998.JPG DSCF3999.JPG DSCF4001.JPG DSCF4002.JPG

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
very, very nice...

I love my 25-20, but it's not even close to that good of a condition

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Hey D,

What a swell looking rifle!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Wow. That is almost unbeliveable. I really like that case, some I have seen look almost gaudy. 25-20 cases are very hard to find over here where were you able to get them in the UK?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. That is almost unbeliveable. I really like that case, some I have seen look almost gaudy. 25-20 cases are very hard to find over here where were you able to get them in the UK?
Hi Steve . Yes I agree almost unbelievable . I spend as much time looking at it as i do shooting it. 25-20 brass is a bit tricky to find here but it came with 150 winchester cases and dies and i have since bought another 100 remington cases so these should last a while. I use it for vermin hunting as well as target and it is really sweet to shoot.
I have a 32-40 1893 too and although in the uk it is classed as an obsolete caliber it is far easier to buy brass for than the 25-20.
I feel very lucky to own this unusual rifle:)

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Dean, that is one pretty rifle!:tee:

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
You bagged a beauty in an interesting caliber! :congrats:

·
Registered
187 Posts
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!