Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
The scope looks right at home, very nice. Could you give us some details on it and the mount, a lot of us would be interested.
Thanks,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The scope is a winchester from about 1920. The mounts are a dovetail block made up for the receiver which screws into the standard fixings for the hepburn sight and the front is an extended rearward mount that slots into the standard rear sight barrel dovetail. These are gunsmith parts and not off the shelf , Though the prices to have these made are very reasonable.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Great looking set up! :tee:

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
:congrats: What a great looking rifle, and the scope is the finishing touch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went target shooting today and the scope really tightened the group. A good target load of 3.1grn of trailboss withe 86grn meister bullets.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Beautiful set up. Montana Vintage Arms (MVA) makes a Winchester B scope and mounts now. I just put one on my Sharps Quigley. I'd never thought of it, but the period scopes are perfect for Cowboys too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
GORGEOUS rifle!!!!

Luis

·
Registered
60 Posts
Only thing missing is a set of Sight Thru Rings:dancing2:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
That scope looks like if has been there for years. It makes a nice outfit, I am jealous :(

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
What A Beauty!
Nice scope Set up Too.
Absolutly Stunning Rifle.
UncleSarge58

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shot today at Bisley at a hindred yards and produced some great groups with 4grns of unique behind an 86grn miester lead bullet!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts