Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I've been lurking for a while enjoying all the knowledge here. Thought I'd surface and post my paltry assemblage of 1 1/2 Marlins.

This straight stocked 336 .30/30 has been with me a while. I like its clean looks, and it shoots very well:

This is the "1/2" I semi-jokingly referred to above. It had been sitting unloved at one of my local places for over a year. As soon as I looked at it the price dropped from $349 plus tax to $200 out the door:

The pawn shop owner said as soon as a prospective buyer saw this, they'd grimace and hand it back:

Their loss. This little guy handles likes a dream. I really like the half-mag and the shorter barrel.

The only other Marlin in the safe is a Model 60 but it belongs to my son.

I used to have an 1895 .45/70 that I foolishly traded off.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Welcome aboard. Nice rifles, the Glenny is a Marlin at heart, just has Birch instead of Walnut, BUT, that model is known to be VERY accurate and a joy to carry...

Enjoy
BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
would like to know where you are located - and the name of that gun shop....great buy on the glenny...

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Welcome to MO's!! What a steal on the Glenfield 30 you got, congratulations! My Glenny's are as honored as any of my Marlins, they shoot very well and the short tubed Glenfield 36 I have carries sweetly and swings like a perfectly fit shotgun. DP

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Nice Texan ya got there, and a real steal on the Model 30. Enjoy!

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Hello & Welcome from a small bluff in W TN.
I'd say, Nice pair of Marlins!:tee:

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting the pics. Nice looking rifles, and I love my Glenfield as much as my other Marlins too :biggrin:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Welcome from Mass.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Welcome to the forums and the Marlinitis addiction from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee! You gotta love a Texan, and also the short magazine on your Glenfield. Nice pictures, we love looking and drooling over them!

Ron

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Excellent score on the Glenfield! :congrats:You're definitely "one of us". :top: Welcome from Georgia!

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
Both beautiful rifles, thanks for sharing!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.