Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More powders arrived a couple days ago...

IMG_3997.JPG

Doc

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Titegroup and Unique I will be trying on some pistol calibers... The reloader 22 and 25 are going to be for the 7mm Mag

Doc

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You by chance dont reload a 300 win with 200 gr AB or a 338 RUM with 300 gr AB just noticing the RE -22 -25 as those 2 powders I am testing now.
Nice score

·
Registered
120 Posts
Me and my 45 ACP Kimber LOVE Tightgroup. 4 Lbs would get me about 5000 rounds. Wish I could find some Unique around here. Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
great job doc, can't find pistol powders over on this side, but have plnety of rifle powders. I guess you will be very busy in the near future stuffin boolits. congrats on the finds.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My last score had 700X, 800X, Varget and quite a few other rifle powders.

Doc

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Nice find DOC!

Reloading supplies are about ridiculous here in the North East. I have also searched on the Internet and found even Natchez isn't all the inexpensive and they don't have very much in stock. The prices were even higher at a Gun Show I attended this weekend. The only thing I was able to buy at a fair price was brass. I didn't buy much because I have well over 100 of my own that I shot this spring. I don't have the other supplies. I refuse to pay $27 to $30 for a pound of powder. I can buy factory ammo cheaper than reloading.

I realize that Vendors at Gun Shows are not going to be CHEAP. They have show fees, travel, lodging, and meals to pay if they are not local. But then, I can't afford to pay too much either.

Mike T.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes the market is high so prices are crazy but I was not going to be caught with my pants down just in case so I have been watching Recob's daily and when they have 2 to 3 powders I want, then they get my order... I try to make my orders 20lbs (that's their limit) to justify the hazmat fee. in the last year I have received over 120lbs of powder (I had to send a butt-load up north with family because of Ca law regarding how much powder you can have on hand... But I am hoping to move up north later this year (i hope I hope) I don't think I will be running out of powder any time soon. I will start getting the needed ingredients I need to make BP myself.. it wont be as good as commercial BP but it would work in a pinch...

Doc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts