Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting some pictures of my hybrid sights on my marlin 336. The rear is a Skinner tactical peep sight and th efore is a optic fibre tru glo sight. After alignment they work well together. I have attached a picture of a target last Sunday on the range here at 150 meters. I shot sitting and standing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
How tall is your front sight? Millimeters is fine.

Andrew

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How tall is your front sight? Millimeters is fine.

Andrew
Hi Alawrance it is 12.09 mm from the bottom of the tru-glo dovetail to the centre of the orange fibre optic rod. Or 16.6 mm from the bottom of the whole mount (where it joins the barrel) to the centre of the orange rod. I found the fore sight very robust but hard to tap into the marlin dovetail. There is a fine line between tapping too hard moving too much and not moving at all. The rear skinner sight is indestructible.
While i have the micromerter out the skinner is 11 mm from its base to the centre of the peep.

·
Banned
112 Posts
thats awesome. Ive been wanting to get a ghost ring like that but I want one of those day glow front tips. Great idea man!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't speak highly enough of the Skinner tactical. It is tough and simple.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Ozlife

Good loking rifle and setup. Also have ya seen the Australian and New Zealand Marlin Owners Groupe, part of the 336 Forum bottom right cnr. click there check it out. All the more the merrier.

GUS

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Who said I need a scope! Nice set-up, nice idea.

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Ozlife,

Thanks for the info on the front sight height. It'll come in handy.

Andrew

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice setup...Ive been going back and forth on mine to do something along these lines or scope it...jury is still out I like what you have here though !!! 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts