Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
What I found interesting is I got a 3D printer for Christmas, and found some downloadable models of some lures. Couple of them had videos of the creator using them.

Going to make a couple of them and give them a try.

·
Registered
330 Posts
What I found interesting is I got a 3D printer for Christmas, and found some downloadable models of some lures. Couple of them had videos of the creator using them.

Going to make a couple of them and give them a try.

Now that's almost enough to make me want a 3D printer!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Used to pick up a lot of old tackle boxes on estate auctions and garage sales up in North Dakota. Red and White Daredevils being common to every tackle box up there for Northern Pike fishing I wound with a suitcase full of those, most dirty, nasty, paint chipped, beat up, or altogether missing. Got into repainting those and all the old beat up crankbaits I bought. Was a lot of fun, and caught a lot of fish on the paint schemes and patterns I used. Lures were old school, little different action than newer stuff so the fish weren't accustomed to looking at them day in and day out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Used to pick up a lot of old tackle boxes on estate auctions and garage sales up in North Dakota. Red and White Daredevils being common to every tackle box up there for Northern Pike fishing I wound with a suitcase full of those, most dirty, nasty, paint chipped, beat up, or altogether missing. Got into repainting those and all the old beat up crankbaits I bought. Was a lot of fun, and caught a lot of fish on the paint schemes and patterns I used. Lures were old school, little different action than newer stuff so the fish weren't accustomed to looking at them day in and day out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Going back up next week to the pond seen in post #11, haven't been there since last Labor Day. Been building some more articulated frogs-can't wait till splash down-two days of private pond CAR bass fishing!

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Going back up next week to the pond seen in post #11, haven't been there since last Labor Day. Been building some more articulated frogs-can't wait till splash down-two days of private pond CAR bass fishing!
Know where you're at on the CAR fishing. Used to fish the McClusky Canal around Turtle Lake, ND run bridge to bridge, rip rap, concrete drains, anything that resembled structure. Usually had 2 rods rigged with cranks and 2 rigged with plastic swimbaits. Hauled a lot of fish out of that canal, and some seriously nice fish, fishing out of a vehicle.

If you haven't run across it yet, you might want to look up - LurePartsOnline.com | America’s Largest Selection of Lure Building Supplies!
Another good one is - https://www.jannsnetcraft.com/

Sign up for their e-mail/newsletters, they'll send you e-mails every few days offering up all of their sale items. Occasionally find some pretty good deals, and there's a wide selection of lure parts, materials, molds, bare lure bodies, you name it... Huge selection of goodies for those interested in building their own lures on both sites. Lure Parts is geared a little more toward southern bass fishing, Janns a little more toward walleye, northern, musky, smallmouth. Both excellent sites, both offer excellent products.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts