Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I've been around these halls for some time now & rarely post but for this one I just had to. I'd bought a new Remlin 1895GBL a couple of years ago & have been dedicating my time & funds to outfitting my Kimber Stainless Target II and my Armalite AR10A4BSNF so now it was finally the GBL's turn. First I know & have read the many complaints about the Remlins but I must say that mine have been absolutely wonderful. I liked the GBL so much that I went ahead & purchased a new Remlin 336 as well. The only issue I've had was on the 336. Once in a while the lever liked to lock itself in the open position when cycling a round. After reading some of you good people's posts I removed the transfer bar, polished it up & it's been flawless ever since. So now, back to the GBL! With aging eyes I decided I had to scope it. I started my personalization with a XS Sight Systems rail with ghost ring sights on it. I then added a Leupold FX-II Ultralight in a fixed 4 power (love it). I set the scope in place with Warne mid-height quick disconnect rings so that I can easily switch between scope or peeps. I then installed the factory supplied hammer bar extension. Next came a CBS safety bar delete, stainless steel follower and light mount/picatinny rail, all from Beartooth Mercantile. Last I sent the rifle to Brockman's Rifles where Jim installed a grind to fit Limbsaver and his adjustable (open/close) muzzle brake system. I was a little put off by Brockman's because it took around four months to get the rifle back & they were not exactly quick to respond to email inquiries but after finally getting the rifle back it was more than worth the wait the & quality of the work was excellent. That's about it & I just wanted to share that with you all. I'd post some pics but I just haven't made any to attach yet, but that's alright though because you all know what a GBL looks like anyway!

·
Registered
805 Posts
We need to see some pictures here. Sounds like a nice rifle but we need proof! :biggrin:

Reactions: Brocky and Golphin

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
So take some dang pics, and then you'll have some to post!

C'mon, we all want to see this...

Brocky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.