Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was called "Koz" by many, his name was Jim Kozminski.

I met Jim through my wife Connie, and from the first moment I knew he was a good man albeit very different to many.

He had a few flaws among them very pronounce he was a Democrat, :) Mr. Omaggot changed him to lean a little farther to the right than he ever would admit.

He had this way about him where he would listen to others but I always knew when they would say something that got his ire up and ready to respond to something dumb. He had this glint that would appear in his eyes that made you know he was smiling at the absurd thing he had just heard and was ready to respond.

He was a man of many things, Navy veteran though few knew that til he died. Craftsman he had built beautiful items of furniture for his home and few knew that. He was a steamfitter by trade and good at it. Deer hunter, and done it with a Marlin.

He had a voice that would announce when his friends entered a bar he was patronizing for all to hear. That voice also when he was singing was a gift we was given, Jim sang "Amazed" for my wife and I for our first dance at our reception. Won many singing contests in the local area.

Above all he will be missed by all who he touched. He went by primarily three names, Jim, Koz and Hey you a$$hole by his friends.

Rest in peace Jim it is nice to have you in my memories, till I cross the river to meet him again. God bless you and yours. Swany

·
Registered
13,301 Posts
Not enough friends in a person's lifetime. I'm sure Koz was as proud to call you friend as you were him. Sorry to hear of your friend's passing.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Sorry for your loss Swany, Truly good friends like that are a treasure. Prayers for you and his family
BoB

·
Registered
19,479 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend Swany! Sounds like a guy that woulda fit in here nicely!

·
Premium Member
16,410 Posts
Hey Swany,

Sorry for the loss.

Prayer sent for Jim and his Family.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Swany sorry to hear of your friends passing. Close friends are hard to find and it sure hurts to lose one. I chuckled at one of his three names he went by, and you know which one. On a personal note, I appreciate your kindness in response to my pm to you last month.

·
Premium Member
13,211 Posts
Prayers go out to you and the family!!!Sounds like he was a great man and a great friend may he Rest In Peace!!!!!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Sorry for your loss Ed. He sure sounds like he was a mans man. Someone that would be nice to know. You and his family are in my Prayers and He is in God's Keeping.

May God Bless
Buck / 444GS2

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
My condolences...prayers on the way for strength...and healing for his family...and you too! God Bless

·
Premium Member
9,848 Posts
Koz, you and I would get along fine! Thanks for sharing a tale of a good friend, Ed! John

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
"Till we cross that golden river and reach the other side..." We are fortunate if we have friends who recall our moment of passing and if one is a friend who writes with grace all the more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts