Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, a big thank you goes out to Loosemarbles who PM'd me the location of this 39A! It is now paid for and on it's way to me via UPS from Virginia! I can hardly believe I'm getting a barely used like new 39A shipped to me for $439 total after shipping and taxes! It's a 2008 JM stamped model and from the pictures you should be able to see how beautiful it is. I'll upload better pictures when I get it if I can but these are pretty good!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,802 Posts
Hey Viking,

Good for you!

Great looking "Golden"!

Later, Mark

Reactions: 69Viking

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
That's a great deal! Now try to wear it out.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Beautiful rifle! I like the way you said "my FIRST Original Golden039A". Got'ta have one to shoot while the wife is loading the one you just emptied. Nice buy!

·
Registered
278 Posts
VERY NICE !
Congrats :congrats:

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
An excellent example of what's so right about this place! You're gonna LUV your 39A and it probably won't be your last :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Wow! That rifle has some very nice dark wood! Definaltely something to be proud of! Happy shootin!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Nice rifle 69Viking. When you receive your gun I believe you will find that it has no bull’s-eye in the stock. 2008 was just after Remington took over Marlin one of the first cost saving things they did was to drop the bull’s-eye. There were so many complaints they started putting the bull’s-eyes in again shortly after discontinuing them. This makes your 39A kind of rare.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Congratulations! You are gonna love that little rifle!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Way to go! Congrats...

·
Super Moderator
15,866 Posts
Nice rifle 69Viking. When you receive your gun I believe you will find that it has no bull’s-eye in the stock. 2008 was just after Remington took over Marlin one of the first cost saving things they did was to drop the bull’s-eye. There were so many complaints they started putting the bull’s-eyes in again shortly after discontinuing them. This makes your 39A kind of rare.
That's a very good point, his does have the bullseye however, but you're right Remington did drop the bullseye for a a short time. Mr fixit

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just checked and my 39A is on the UPS truck and out for delivery today! I guess I'll be going directly to my LGS to pick her up when I get out of work, can't wait!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Great looking Golden you have there and what a bargain price! :congrats:
I'd have to pay twice that in my area.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You did good and that is one good looking rifle. I have a 1965, pre checkering and pre crossbolt safety and I wouldn't take that for mine. You did very good and I know you will enjoy it. I don't believe there is another .22, even the custom target models, that will out shoot the 39A and I speak from experience on that after many years of beating target rifles after target rifles at shooting matches. They are just shooting machines. Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it's now in my possession and all I can say is this is one of the most amazing deals I've found! It's NIB as far as I can tell, came in the original box and there is not a blemish on it that I can find. Loosemarbles I definitely owe you one for contacting me with the lead on this! Not the best pictures because it's an older camera but should give you and idea how nice it really is. I'm not even sure it's ever been fired!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts