Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Marlin lovers!

After years of writing and quite a few querying, I was picked up by a publishing company and my first book is out! It's been given fantastic reviews by both men and women - I wrote it from the female perspective, which was quite a learning experience.

-- Hitwoman--

Primary teacher Julia Hampton’s quiet life in Oregon upends with the murder of her parents and sister. Julia seeks revenge against those responsible, and against all odds, she succeeds. Her success is noticed by an organization dedicated to the same task on a grand scale: eliminate anyone importing and selling narcotics. Julia accepts assignments as a contract killer for The Company and makes a name for herself as J.

Settling in rural Idaho to live alone as a substitute teacher offers a low-profile base for assignments. Dawson Pelletier owns a nearby farm and looks after Julia’s place when J is away. All goes well until she’s wounded and barely makes it home. She finds her neighbor is much more than a gentleman farmer when only one of his many hidden resources is to become her expert caregiver.

Her thirst for vengeance sated and faced with her mortality, Julia notifies The Company that the assignment she barely survives is her last, and she’ll return to teaching fulltime, but her resignation is rejected unless she fulfills a final contract. Against previous rules of engagement, her target is outside US borders, and she must leave her familiar firearm behind and find alternate means to terminate a giant ex-athlete responsible for importing tons of drugs stateside each week. J must take on a brute three times her size if she is to have a chance to return to the quiet life and budding romance wants.

I'll add just a single review:

"This book was one part Tom Clancy technical action and one part Louis L'Amour classic storytelling. For readers who crave attention to detail in descriptions of environment, I highly recommend this book and author. Pitts incorporates a lifetime of traversing the backcountry, hunting big game, and shooting firearms into an adventure undertaken by a complex and multi faceted female lead, which is exciting and different. This book is an excellent read for any lover of action or adventure books, and can easily be read over a weekend, since you will not want to put it down."

It's available online at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Powells, Target, Walmart, and too many others to list. If Amazon shows it on backorder, it's not. It's one of the many things they do that frustrates authors far and wide.

Take a look, I don't think you'll be disappointed!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y5BY9KP/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1TECNA456UA9R&keywords=moonshine+cove+publishing&qid=1569018442&s=books&sprefix=Moonshine+Cove+,aps,130&sr=1-2

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, it's brutal. But my satisfaction at seeing my book in print has made it worth it. I should also mention, Hitwoman is the first in a series. I've already signed a contract for the second in the series, and I'm about to send the third in either tomorrow or the next day.

I forgot to add my website:

http://www.jeffreyapitts.com

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Padraig,

I don't believe it's available in ebook on B&N, but is on Amazon.

Thanks for the interest!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Uh oh, still unavailable. Gonna have to talk to my guy about it. Thanks for the heads up!

Update: Yep, got a virus. Got a fellow working on it.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
A fellow awrfer, well done. I used to write for magazines, inc. in the US but only recently went to books. Hope it does well. Reviews are what you need, they push you up the ratings. My 'Money and Lies' book could do with some help. Just saying.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Congratulations! I know from a distance how difficult is the task of getting published.
I helped a friend work up a reference book on antique ammo and got to see from the sidelines all the hoops he had to jump through to get to the gold ring.

·
Registered
19,486 Posts
Congrats!:tee:

Reactions: 44LVR

·
Premium Member
13,898 Posts
Congratulations on having your novel published. !

Reactions: 44LVR

·
Registered
28,724 Posts
Susan also said Thanks!

She will download it on her kindle to read. She reads daily so it want take her long to finish it.

ca'jun56

1 - 20 of 43 Posts