Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted a Mosin Nagant since I first shot an M44 about 10 years ago at 12 years old and now I finally got one. 1940 M91/30, I think made by Tula.

Is there any way to look up the history on this exact rifle? I mean, a way to track where it was sent from the factory and where it may have been used in?

Based on the year I'd like to think it was sent to Stalingrad or some other major battle of WWII, since they were so short on rifles they were sending unarmed men into battle with the rationale of picking up a rifle when someone got shot. They were commies but without them slaying Nazis on their side who knows how the Battle of the Bulge may have turned out, if Hitler had more men and resources to push us back. Who knows if someone fired their last shot from this rifle, or what prayer they said before running out from behind cover to serve their country....

I'd like to trace it back but I'm pretty sure the factories didn't really keep track of such things when they were in a rush to get them made and out the door. I know the German Mauser company was blown up and lost all their records, anyone know of any sources I can check for Mosins?

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 10.49.15 AM.png

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
11,362 Posts
The internet is your friend. Date codes, manufacturer codes and a lot of decipherable info that is stamped on your gun will be revealed.

AC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts