Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Model 60 and I have to say I'm very glad I did. I got a chance to try it out today and was quite pleased w/ the accuracy and function. Granted we were only shooting lil 3"x 3" spinner targets at about 10-12 yds, but I was hitting them w/ open sights just as consistantly as my friend w/ a scope. Anywho, now I'm working on getting a 336 to add to my collection.

take it easy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the report. It reinforces my putting that rifle on the list of firearms to have. I'm still waiting for Walmart to put it on sale. Sometimes, they sell their rifles $40 below their usual price.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I picked up one of those Marlin 60 s at a show last year. NIB with a 4X32 scope and mount for $125.00. Best money I ever spent for a very accurate plinking or hunting rifle. Very happy with the handling and function. Just keep it clean and it`ll keep on running without a hitch.
`57 Mountie :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I paid $100 for mine and it came w/ a free aluminum gun case at Academy. I've got a 4x scope layin around somewhere that I may slap on it.

take it easy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had one for years. Got it when I was young and couldn't afford to much (times ain't changed to much since then). I've shot alot of squirrels with that rifle. Useing CCI's you can get a squirrel in the head consistantly from about 50 yards. Don't shoot real cheap dirty ammo (Remington bulk) and keep it clean and it woun't jam on you either. If you shoot the bulk stuff, just clean it real good and you should be OK.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Funny this came up today. I noticed on the rack a Marlin M60 in our used gun section a coupel weeks ago and gave no real thought to it. Tonight as I cabled up I noticed it again and its stock in need of some finish work and a little rust around the sling swivel (that's it everything else looks good) and the price tag of $100. Whoa. Hey mister manager? What did we pay for this M60 if you remember?
How much is it he replies.
$100
Probably $X.
Would you tke $50?"
No probably need to get doulbe what we paid.
Even for an Employee purchase?
Even for EP.
(Dave no w in back office looking for the purchase paper work to locate price paid.)

Another co-worker asks Are you really going to buy that gun?
Yeah I figure I can use my Christmas bonus $50 gift certificates to the store.

Everyone laughs.

I am starting to tink about this as another great litle project gun. I'll get another stock ( Boyds Laminate most likely) and cut down the original for my son and shortish wife to use. then I can swap back and forth and the boy can grow into it.It's as good a plan as any to get fouled up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well I kissed the gift certificates good by last night and laid away that little Model 995. ( Turns out it wasn't a Model 60 like I thought) I should have managerial approvals this week and can start he paper work accordingly to kick off the silly 10day wait here in CA. Looks to be a fun project gun and I now need to locate some 10 round magazines for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My frist Marlin was a glenfield 25 , 7 shot clip , bolt , I did some work for a friend of mine . When I done doing the work he asked what I had to have , I told him thats ok were friends . He wanted to give something for my time , he had a .22 in the corner of his barn , so I said how about that.22. He said you don't want that , you can't hit nothing with it , I said If he did'nt mind I would try it. I took it home shot it he was right , could'nt hit nothing . It sat in the corner of my barn for about 3 years . I went to a gun show and found a cheap BSA scope and put it on and went to the range , got it sited in and it shot fine . then a year later I was at the range shooten with my friend I did the work for and I was shooten the little gleanfield , he said where did get that rifle ,I said its the one you gave me , he said I can't beleave that is the same gun, he said what did you do to it , I said I just put a scope on it , he said I can't beleave I gave you that gun, that was 15 years ago . And to this day when were at the range he still says ,Ican't beleave I gave you that gun. I thought I would share it with you , sorry for the long post . Ted .

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
You just can't own one marlin,, have to stock up on rimfires and centerfires :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts