Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gummie Boolits. I got my 308MX last month and yesterday the brown truck brought me 4 boxes of factory gummies. That was my first look at them up close and personal and I was surprised at how sharp the point was, and how hard the flex tip felt. I guess there are no issues with them because nobody here has reported problems, it is just a point of concern for me. No pun intended.

While on the subject of 308 bullet tips has anyone tried the Speer 150gr Mag Tip in their rifle? It appears to have a fairly good size meplat. I just don't know if it is enough to go end to end in a tube fed rifle. I've never used a lever action rifle before that launched bullets fast enough to even think about ballistic coefficient. This is a whole new ball game.

City Slicker

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Welcome to the lever gun club ;D

Although not a .308ME, my go to deer rifle has been a 336CS in .35Rem. The ballistics ain't gonna impress anyone, but a 200gr RNSP will hit a deer or hawg like a hammer.

Enjoy yer new bangstick... and btw, lever guns tend to become addicting. They're just fun ;)

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I'm already hooked on lever guns...just never had one with the performance of a 308ME. :eek:

If this is as good as everyone says, my Rem '06 may end up on the auction block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts