Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I just recently picked up a new "marlington" 336w from a local wal-fart. I cycled it about 10 times or so with the hammer extension on before it got loose and I am tellin you guys I put that thing on tight I have read on the forum others with the same trouble and their various fixes. I want it on the hammer permanently so my question is if you take the hammer out of the gun like one would when disassembling one does it come straight out the back? If it does I was thinking of just sanding off some clean metal and mig welding it on there then ceracote it black again what do you guys think?

Thanks
Lazarus117

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I don't need it but it is comfortable to have a lot of trigger land for my thumb when I manually let the hammer back down plus the hammer on it without the extension is really narrow and I have to turn my thumb sideways to quickly grab the hammer. Oh yeah plus the extension looks cool :biggrin:

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
If you buy the correct one, they slip right on and tighten up.

Dude, My medium woman has a spur on her 49 Winnie 94. She shoots left eye dom, and it makes it easier for her to cock it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Loc tite is a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Lazarus117, welcome to the MO Family, from here in west central Mo. The above suggestions about Loctite blue or purple are on the money, don't weld anything on the hammer, that is too permanent a fix for a minor problem. Clean the hammer spur and hammer extension with alcohol or brake cleaner, small dab of Loctite on set screw threads and screw it home tight. Let the Loctite setup overnight and go shoot, should stay tight until you take it off. Take care, John.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Another solution to your problem: Take the spur off and you should see a mark where the set screw "bit" into the blue. Create a small dimple at that spot for the screw to seat a little deeper. Re-install spur and check. If all OK, back screw out, Loctite, and tighten it down (and re-check to be sure) I never trust those little bitty screws by themselves, but then I have been told by GFW that I am somewhat fussy! :hmmmm:
Oh yes, and Welcome to Marlin Owners!

·
Premium Member
13,991 Posts
You have received plenty of good advice so I'll just say Welcome! Oh yes, and did someone mention pictures? :biggrin:

·
Registered
155 Posts
No pics or its not for real...fakey fakey :shot:

M

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I used J&B because mine kept loosening up no matter how much I tightened the set screw, even using locktite! No more problems.......:top:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the great advice guys. yall have given me a lot to chew on I will let yall know when I do something. As for the picture the website won't let me add it with my phone, this is my only source to the internet for now.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
That works.
I took my first, only lever back to the range today, the 3rd try to zero.
Did some shootin' some adjustin', til the last group ...6" targets at 100 yds- had a 3-shot group 1 1/2". Inch low and 1/2' right but I'm a happy camper. 1 1/2" is great for ME.

These guys on M-O told me which scope, mounts, how to zero etc- thanks to them I didn't have to chew too long.

·
Registered
20,520 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts