Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,835 Posts
Welcome to the site. The drill happy hackers have gotten to so many of them mine included. Mine has been drilled like your forward set of holes,two in the waffletop and two in the barrel. All this even though they came factory new with those two perfect holes in the left hand rear of the receiver! You don't see 1893's hacked up with a bunch of holes on top.I don't understand what justification could possibly be made yet there they are in our otherwise beautiful waffletops.I am putting something well figured on mine now, it is nearing finish sanding.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Welcome to the site. The drill happy hackers have gotten to so many of them mine included. Mine has been drilled like your forward set of holes,two in the waffletop and two in the barrel. All this even though they came factory new with those two perfect holes in the left hand rear of the receiver! You don't see 1893's hacked up with a bunch of holes on top.I don't understand what justification could possibly be made yet there they are in our otherwise beautiful waffletops.I am putting something well figured on mine now, it is nearing finish sanding.
After reading your post, I went and looked at mine. Looks like they did the barrel on mine as well? I’m not thinking that is factory?

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So some clown put a total of 8 holes in this thing. Lol. I’m not seeing the purpose of drilling so many holes especially the barrel. WTH would be mounted on the barrel?

I guess as long as it shoots straight that’s all I care about. It’s gonna be a field gun for me.

· Registered
1,835 Posts
So some clown put a total of 8 holes in this thing. Lol. I’m not seeing the purpose of drilling so many holes especially the barrel. WTH would be mounted on the barrel?

I guess as long as it shoots straight that’s all I care about. It’s gonna be a field gun for me.
Yes,they are fantastic pieces and it does no good lamenting what has already happened so we enjoy them. I guess the reason I get fired up about it is that it seems like people are still justifieing the drilling,and that is not okay.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
233 Posts
Personally, I don't think you overpaid. Welcome to "Bidenflation"... nothing is getting any cheaper.

Screw this "vintage glass" stuff. Stick the best scope you can afford on it and go shoot some deer & hogs!

Luis

Reactions: Diesel79

· Registered
4,873 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from NE Indiana.

My 1948 336A does not have any holes. Not even the peep holes in the side. I also have a 1947 A to go with it. So last and first model years. The 36 has 4 extra holes but they are on the side.

I like the A models the best. They just look good to me. The cap on the forend, short mag tube and long barrels appeal to me.

Reactions: Diesel79
21 - 31 of 31 Posts