Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Great caliber and sweet rifle. Definitely all you would ever need for a rifle IMO. I have a Savage LTW bolt in the same caliber.

·
Super Moderator
11,701 Posts
As long as you are not dragging it through thick brush I don't consider any gun too pretty to hunt with. Definitely looking forward to photos!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I've been thinking about a BLR in 358 too but since I don't reload I don't know how easy shells are to get
358 is a great round but sort fixes a problem that doesn't exist. That 7mm-08 will do everything and more and won't bust your shoulder in the doing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your prob rite I've got a 35 rem 308 30-06 7 mag and a ruger 44 mag carbine and a few more so I prob don't need a 358

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Your prob rite I've got a 35 rem 308 30-06 7 mag and a ruger 44 mag carbine and a few more so I prob don't need a 358
If thats the the case then join the rest of us as "need" has little to nothing to do with it!! It's not an addiction if no one is getting hurt by it. At least thats my story and I am sticking to it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had never owned a 7mm/08 till I bought my son one in a tikka t3 lite for his 13th birthday, he killed a big doe and a 9 point buck

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
You got the perfect caliber for that gun. They are great in any caliber, but 7mm-08 would have to be the best. I'll bet you decide it's not too pretty to carry once you shoot it.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Great caliber and a great platform. Got my first and only BLR in .308 from a fellow member here not long ago. The action is slicker than bacon grease on a brass door knob. Well done!

·
Registered
19,567 Posts
Congrats on a fine lookin' rifle and I think that finish will hold up better to abuse than the old polyurethane finish they used to put on them! Fine caliber too!:beer:

Reactions: pacificpt
1 - 20 of 69 Posts